This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Correlation and Verification of a Tractor Cab Model Using Statistical Energy Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A model of a tractor cab was built using Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) best practices. In this paper, it is shown how this model was correlated using p/Q transfer functions measured in the lab with a volume velocity source. After correlation, the model was excited using acoustic loads measured during tractor operation. It was found that the data predicted by the model is in good agreement with the data measured inside the cabin during this test. It was concluded that SEA can be used as an engineering tool to predict the behavior under many different conditions and can be used to guide the development process.
|Technical Paper||Improvements to Vehicle Interior Noise Simulation|
|Technical Paper||Design of Automotive Audio Systems Using the Acoustic Transfer Function Measurement|
|Technical Paper||Digital Simulator for Automotive Sound System Design|
Citationde Alba Alvarez, R., Lou, B., and Tamadis, P., "Correlation and Verification of a Tractor Cab Model Using Statistical Energy Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0142, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0142.
- Lyon, R. , “Statistical Energy Analysis of Dynamical Systems: Theory and Applications,” (MIT Press, 1975).
- Fahy, F. , “Statistical Energy Analysis: A Critical Overview,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A346:431-447, 1994.
- Smith, P.W. and Lyon, R.H. , Sound and Structural Vibration, NASA Contractor Report CR-160, 1965.
- Lyon, R. , “Statistical Energy Analysis and Structural Fuzzy,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 97(5):2878-2881, 1995.
- Bernhard, R. , “The Limits of Predictability Due to Manufacturing and Environmentally Induced Uncertainty,” Proceedings of the InterNOISE, 1996.
- Lyon, R.H. and DeJong, R.G. , “Theory and Application of Statistical Energy Analysis,” Second Edition (Boston, Butterworth-Heinemann, 1995).
- VA One User's Guide . ESI Group, June 2017.
- Atalla, N., Panneton, R., and Debergue, P. , “A Mixed Displacement-Pressure Formulation for Poroelastic Materials,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 104(3):1444-1452, 1998.
- Debergue, P., Panneton, P., and Atalla, N. , “Boundary Conditions for the Weak Formulation of the Mixed (U,P) Poroelasticity Problem,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 106(5):2383-2390, 1999.
- Atalla, N., Hamdi, M.A., and Panneton, R. , “Enhanced Weak integral Formulation for the Mixed (u_,p_) Poroelastic Equations,” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 109(6):3065-3068, 2001.
- Blanchet, D. and Malta, A.S. , “Building SEA Predictive Models to Support Vibro-Acoustic Ship Design,” DAGA, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 2009.
- Duval, A., Rondeau, J.F., Deshayes, G., Lhuillier, F. et al. , “Generalized Light-Weight Concept: A Comprehensive Acoustic Package Weight Reduction Strategy,” SIA Automobile Comfort, LeMans, France, 2006
- Davis, E.B. , “Application of Statistical Energy Analysis Methods to the Design of Airplane Cabin Noise Treatment Packages,” Internoise, Hawaii, USA, 2006.
- O. Hilbrunner, C. Zhang, J-L. Wojtoviky , “Modeling the Vibro-Acoustic Behavior of a Simplified Car Frame and Cabin Assembly by Predict the Overall Efficiency of Pillar Filler Parts,” Automobile Comfort Conference, LeMans, France, November 15-16 2006.
- Zhang, C., Thuong, O., Lhuillier, F., and Duval, A. ,“Numerical and Experimental Study of Light Weight Concept under Automobile Applications Conditions,” 5th International Styrian NVH Congress, 2008.
- Beranek, L.L. , “Noise and Vibration Control,” (McGraw-Hill, 1971).
- Onsay, T., Akanda, A., and Goetchius, G. , “Vibro-Acoustic Behavior of Bead-Stiffened Flat Panels: FEA, SEA, and Experimental Analysis,” SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1698 , 1999, doi:10.4271/1999-01-1698.