This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of Hydraulic Steering Process for Intelligent Autonomous Articulated Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Intelligent autonomous articulated vehicles (IAAVs), the most important transportations of intelligent mining system, are the future direction of mining industry. Though it could realize the unmanned drive, without supports of hydraulic steering process analyses and vehicle dynamic researches, there are no references for the IAAVs to adjust the steering angle in certain driving error. It still has to check the signal from the angle sensor repeatedly to track the planned path in the working process, which lead to the low control accuracy. In this paper, the theories of hydraulic steering process and vehicle model will be developed for the vehicle intelligent control with the analyses of road and tire characteristics based on the principle of least resistance. With the vehicle model, the relationships between steering wheel angle and vehicle steering angle, the motion trajectory, the force of tire, and steering system will be conducted, which are the most important reference for the path planning and tracking of IAAVs. Meanwhile, some problems that produce motion fluctuation are performed. Under these discussions of control problems and steering theories application on intelligent control, the methods considering multi-factors and double-MPC algorithm for IAAVs will be proposed to improve its maneuverability.
Citationxu, T., Shen, Y., Xie, J., and Zhang, W., "Study of Hydraulic Steering Process for Intelligent Autonomous Articulated Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0133, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0133.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Xu, T., Shen, Y., and Zhang, W., “In-Situ Steering Dynamics Analysis of Skid Steering for Articulated Motor-Driven Vehicle,” 9(2), 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-1646.
- Dudziński, P.A., “Design Characteristics of Steering Systems for Mobile Wheeled Earthmoving Equipment,” Journal of Terramechanics 26(1):25-82, 1989, doi:10.1016/0022-4898(89)90025-6.
- Petrov, P. and Bigras, P., “A Practical Approach to Feedback Path Control for an Articulated Mining Vehicle,” International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Systems 4:2258-2263, 2001, doi:10.1109/IROS.2001.976406.
- Bolzern, P., DeSantis, R.M., Locatelli, A., and Masciocchi, D., “Path-Tracking for Articulated Vehicles with Off-Axle Hitching,” IEEE Control Systems Technology 6(4):515-523, 1998, doi:10.1109/87.701346.
- Nayl, T., Nikolakopoulos, G., and Gustafsson, T., “A Full Error Dynamics Switching Modeling and Control Scheme for an Articulated Vehicle,” International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems 13(5):1221-1232, 2015, doi:10.1007/s12555-014-0049-9.
- Rains, G.C., Faircloth, A.G., Thai, C., and Raper, R.L., “Evaluation of a Simple Pure Pursuit Path-Following Algorithm for an Autonomous, Articulated-Steer Vehicle,” Applied Engineering in Agriculture 30(3):367-374, 2014, doi:10.13031/aea.30.10347.
- Dudziński, P.A., “Problems of Turning process in Articulated Terrain Vehicles,” Journal of Terramechanics 19(4):243-256, 1983, doi:10.1016/0022-4898(83)90030-7.
- Dudziński, P.A., “Wheel Slips and Slides during Turning in Articulated Vehicles,” Journal of Terramechanics 23(2):85-93, 1986, doi:10.1504/IJVD.1981.061250.
- Pazooki, A., Rakheja, S., and Cao, D., “Kineto-Dynamic Directional Response Analysis of an Articulated Frame Steer Vehicle,” International Journal of Vehicle Design 65(1):1-30, 2014, doi:10.1504/IJVD.2014.060063.
- Horton, D.N.L. and Crolla, D.A., “Theoretical Analysis of the Steering Behaviour of Articulated Frame Steer Vehicles,” Vehicle System Dynamics 15(4):211-234, 1986, doi:10.1080/00423118608968852.
- He, Y., Khajepour, A., McPhee, J., and Wang, X., “Dynamic Modelling and Stability Analysis of Articulated Frame Steer Vehicles,” International Journal of Heavy Vehicle Systems 12(1):28-59, 2004, doi:10.1504/IJHVS.2005.005668.
- Dudziński, P. and Skurjat, A., “Innovative Methods of Motion Stability Improvement in Articulated Rigid Frames Vehicles on Wheeled Chassis,” Journal of KONES 16:93-99, 2009.
- Zang, M., Xu, Y., and Zhou, T., “Characteristics Simulation of Five Kinds of Stiffness of Tire Based on Three-Dimension Nonlinear Model,” Journal of South China University of Technology (Natural Science Edition) 39(1):129-133, 2011, doi:1000-565X(2011)01-0129-0.
- Wang, Z., Dong, M., Zhao, W., and Gu, L., “A Novel Tread Model for Tire Modelling Using Experimental Modal Parameters,” Journal of Vibroengineering 19(2):1225-1240, 2017, doi:10.21595/jve.2016.17336.
- Wang, Z., Dong, M., Qin, Y., and Gu, L., “Road Profile Estimation for Suspension System Based on the Minimum Model Error Criterion Combined with a Kalman Filter,” Journal of Vibroengineering 19(6):4550-4572, 2017, doi:10.21595/jve.2017.18230.
- Zhuang, J., “The Vehicle Tire,” (Beijing, Beijing Institute of Technology Press, 1995), 127-133.
- Yin, Y., Rakheja, S., Yang, J., and Boileau, P.E., “Analysis of a Flow Volume Regulated Frame Steering System and Experimental Verifications,” SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2740, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2740.