This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Heat Transfer Analysis in a Diesel Engine Based on a Heat Flux Measurement Using a Rapid Compression and Expansion Machine
Published November 05, 2017 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
To investigate the heat transfer phenomena inside the combustion chamber of a diesel engine, a correlation for the heat transfer coefficient in a combustion chamber of a diesel engine was investigated based on heat flux measured by the authors in the previous study(8) using the rapid compression and expansion machine. In the correlation defined in the present study, thermodynamically estimated two-zone temperatures in the burned zone and the unburned zone are applied. The characteristic velocity given in the correlation is related to the speed of spray flame impinging on the wall during the fuel injection period. After the fuel injection period, the velocity term of the Woschni’s equation is applied. It was shown that the proposed correlation well expresses heat transfer phenomena in diesel engines.
CitationKuboyama, T., Moriyoshi, Y., and Kosaka, H., "Heat Transfer Analysis in a Diesel Engine Based on a Heat Flux Measurement Using a Rapid Compression and Expansion Machine," SAE Technical Paper 2017-32-0115, 2017.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Woschni, G., SAE Technical Paper, No. 670931, 1967.
- Woschni, G., MTZ, vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 491-499, 1970.
- Nusselt, W., Forschungsheft V. D. I., 264, 1923.
- Eichelberg, G., Engineering, pp. 463-446, 547-560, 1939.
- Annand, J., D., , Pfoc. Inst. Mech. Eng., Vol. 177, No. 36, 1963.
- Enomoto, Y. et al., Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, vol. 50, No. 453, pp.1353-1362, 1984. (in Japanese)
- Enomoto, Y. et al., Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, vol. 57, No. 539, pp.2421-2427, 1991 .(in Japanese)
- Kuboyama, T. et al., Transaction of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Series B, vol. 72, No. 721, pp.2315-2322, 2005 .(in Japanese)
- Kamimoto, T. et al., SAE Technical Paper, No. 972959, 1997.
- Chang, et al., SAE Technical Paper, No, 2004-01-2996, 2004.