This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Influences on Real Driving Emissions in India Outlook RDE Legislation BHARAT VI
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 10, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With the official publication of the “RDE package 1” on 31st March 2016 the long awaited start of RDE testing is now fixed. This event marks a milestone in the emission legislation for passenger cars and is the first of a series of four RDE packages to fade-in real world testing of passenger cars in Europe.
During the same time India announced in the Gazette of India on 19th February, 2016 - G.S.R. 187(E). - the draft of introduction of Bharat VI by April 1st 2020  which also should include the Real Driving Emissions (RDE) on-road certification as per procedure laid down in AIS137 and as amended from time to time.
As European RDE legislation will be the baseline for Indian RDE legislation rules this paper will highlight the differences and challenges expected between the requirements in Europe compared to India during the first tests done by AVL Technical Center Private Limited located in Gurgaon.
|Technical Paper||Life Cycle Assessment and Design of Instrument Panels: A Common Sense Approach|
|Technical Paper||Bosch System Solutions for Reduction of CO2 and Emissions|
|Journal Article||Virtual Multi-Cylinder Engine Transient Test System|
CitationSchöggl, M. and Lorinser, E., "The Influences on Real Driving Emissions in India Outlook RDE Legislation BHARAT VI," SAE Technical Paper 2017-26-0137, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-26-0137.
- Test report of the German Ministry for Transport (BMVI) with support of German vehicle type-approval agency, the KBA published in April 2016
- Publication of REAL-WORLD EMISSIONS FROM MODERN DIESEL CARS by ICCT 2014e - Carslaw 2011 in October 2014
- RDE-LDV Legislation described in Commission Regulation: (EU) 2016/427 of 31 March 2016 Implementing 1st RDE-LDV regulatory package. Amending Regulation (EC) No 692/2008 as regards emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 6)
- Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/646 of 26 April 2016 Implementing 2nd RDE-LDV regulatory package Amending Regulation (EC) No 692/2008 as regards emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 6)
- India announced in the Gazette of India on 19th February, 2016 - G.S.R. 187(E). - the draft of introduction of Bharat VI by April 1st 2020