This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Features of Application Materials While Designing Phase Transition Heat Accumulators of Vehicle Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 24, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Thermal control of a vehicle engine operation is a key aspect of the development of a vehicle warming-up systems. The use of heat accumulators and phase transition heat-accumulating materials is perspective. The given article describes the ways of improving thermal properties of phase transition heat-accumulating materials in the processes of their designing, the efficient ways of heat transfer from phase transition heat-accumulating materials to heat carrying agent of heat accumulators and then to vehicles. To create reliable phase transition heat-accumulating materials, different ways of their realization are suggested. One of them is the construction of the corresponding phase diagrams to determine an optimal composition of phase transition heat-accumulating materials with higher thermal properties to operate in a given temperature range. Another way is to study thermal hysteresis phenomena in melting and crystallization in order to increase the efficiency of phase transition heat-accumulating materials. An experimental application of a contact heat accumulator in the long-term storage of a vehicle with a nonrunning engine under operating conditions is considered. The results of experimental studies of a phase transition contact heat accumulator of a vehicle engine with possible changes of the parameters under measurement taking into account hysteresis effects are presented. In general, the given results are recommended to justify the use of heat storage materials while designing vehicle engine heat accumulators. The features of the heat accumulator under study technology are selected depending on vehicle operational requirements and purposes.
- Igor V. Gritsuk - Kharkov National Auto Highway University
- Valery Aleksandrov - Donbas National Academy of Civil Engineering and Arch.
- Sergii Panchenko - Ukrainian State University of Railway Trans.
- Artur Kagramanian - Ukrainian State University of Railway Trans.
- Oksana Sobol - Donbas National Academy of Civil Engineering and Arch.
- Aleksandr Sobolev - Donbas National Academy of Civil Engineering and Arch.
- Roman Varbanets - Odessa National Maritime University
CitationGritsuk, I., Aleksandrov, V., Panchenko, S., Kagramanian, A. et al., "Features of Application Materials While Designing Phase Transition Heat Accumulators of Vehicle Engines," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-5003, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-5003.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
- Volkov V., Gritsuk I., Gutarevich Yu., Aleksandrov V., Podduniak V., Prilepskiy Yu., Komov P., Adrov D., Verbovskiy V., Krasnokutska Z., Volkova T. “Warming-up systems of internal combustion engines: basics of functioning: monograph” Donetsk: LANDON- XXI Publ., 2015, 314 p.
- Shulgin V.V. “Vehicular thermal accumulators” - SPb .: Publishing. Polytechnic. University Press, 2005. 268 p.
- Vashurkin I.O. “Thermal development and start of ICE of mobile vehicles and construction machinery in winter” - SantPeterburg: Nauka Publ., 2002. 145 p.
- Aleksandrov V., Gutarevich Yu., Gritsuk I., Prilepskiy Yu., Postnikov V., Gushchin A., Adrov D., Verbovskiy V., Krasnokutska Z. “Phase transition heat accumulators for vehicles: the parameters of working processes: monograph” -Donetsk: Publishing house “Knowledge”, 2014. 230 p.
- Levenberg V.D., Tkach M.P., Golstrem V.A. Accumulation of heat.- Kiev, Tekhnika (Engineering), 1991, 112p.
- Patent № 33399A. Ukraine. "Method of thermal analysis" / Aleksandrov V.D. [and others] // (Ukraine); Patent applicant and patent holder: Donbas National Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture. State № ua 99020930; app. 18.02.1992; publ/. 15.02.2001.
- Patent № 83721. Ukraine. "Method of compatible cyclic differential thermal analysis" / Aleksandrov V.D. [and others] / (Ukraine); Patent applicant and patent holder: Donbas National Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture. State № ua A200608831; app. 07.08.2006; publ. 11.08.2008.
- Postnikov, V. A. and Mozgunova, T. V. The influence of the number of recrystallizations and superheating of the melt on the pre-crystallization supercooling of benzoic acid. // Vestnik Donetskogo natsional’nogo universiteta. Series A: Natural sciences, 2012, No. 2, P. 106-109.
- Postnikov, V.A. and Luganskii, E.M. The influence of thermal history on the kinetics of palmitic acid crystallization. // Materialovedenie, 2012, No. 8, P. 17-20.
- Aleksandrov V. "Kinetics of nucleation and mass crystallization of overcooled melts and atmospheric mediums" Donetsk: Donbass Publ., 2011. 591p.
- Sokolov D.N., Sdobnikov N.Yu., Komarov P.V., Samsonov V.M. "Hysteresis of melting temperatures and metal nano-particles crystallization" Structure and characteristics of metals and cindery melts: in 4 volumes: Works of the XIIth Russian conference. (Yekaterinburg, September 12-16, 2011 RAS, section of physics and chemical foundations of metallurgical processes). 26-29, 2001.
- Klimov V.A., Timofeeva I.O., Khanin S.D., Shadrin E.B. and others. "Formation of temperature hysteresis loop in phase transition “metal - semiconductor” in films of vanadium dioxide" The collection of scientific papers JTPh. 72: 9: 67-74, 2002.
- Zamulin I.S., Gafner S.L. "The study of some physical properties of Pt and Pd nano-crystals by the method of molecular dynamics under the processes of melting and crystallization" The collection of scientific papers the materials of International scientific and technical conference. Moscow: Intermatic Publ., 1: 15-18, 2012.
- Boryniak L.A., Chernyshov A.P. "Temperature hysteresis under the condition of melting and crystallization of nano-objects" Scientific bulletin of Novosibirsk State Technical University. 1 (54): 172-179, 2014.
- Aleksandrov V.D., Sobol O.V. "Comparisomn of overheating of crystals under melting and overcooling of melts under crystallization" Journal of physical chemistry. 81: 11: 2100-2103, 2007.
- Gritsuk, I., Gutarevych, Y., Mateichyk, V., and Volkov, V., "Improving the Processes of Preheating and Heating after the Vehicular Engine Start by Using Heating System with Phase-Transitional Thermal Accumulator," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0204, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0204.
- Gritsuk, I., Volkov, V., Gutarevych, Y., Mateichyk, V. et al., "Improving Engine Pre-Start And After-Start Heating by Using the Combined Heating System," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-8071, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-8071.
- Adrov D.S., Gritsuk I.V., Prilepskiy Yu.V., Doroshko V.I., Verbovskiy V.S., Krasnokutska Z.I., Verbovskiy V.S., Mikhailiuk A.A. "Peculiarities of experimental stationary motor set and methods of investigating the system of accelerated warming-up of an engine and utilizing the heat of its exhaust gases by heat accumulator" The collection of scientific papers DonIRT UkrDART. 28: 179-189, 2011.
- Karnaukhov N.N., Pustovalov I.A., Yarkin A.V. "Heat accumulator for supporting ICE starting temperature in inter-change stand of a construction vehicle in winter" Automobile operating company. 45-48. 2010.
- Patent for invention № 103729 Ukraine, (2013.01) F01P 3/22, B60H 1/04, B60K 11/00, "The system of coolant optimal temperatures in ICE" / Gutarevych Yu.F., Mateichyk V.P., Gritsuk I.V., Volkov V.P., Kagramanyan A.O., Komov P.B., Komov O.B., Poddubnyak V.Yo., Sergiyenko M.I., Krasnokutska Z.I. / (Ukraine); Patent applicant and patent holder: National Transport University, State № ua 103729; app. 30.10.2012; publ. 10.04.2013, Bul. №7.-17p.:il.
- Patent for invention № 106525 Ukraine, F01P 3/22 (2013.01), B60H 1/04 (2013.01), "The system of coolant optimal temperatures in ICE" / Gutarevych Yu.F., Mateichyk V.P., Gritsuk I.V., Volkov V.P., Kagramanyan A.O., Komov P.B., Komov O.B., Poddubnyak V.Yo., Sergiyenko M.I., Krasnokutska Z.I., Yeroschenkov S.A., Verbovskiy V.S., Adrov D.S., Makedonska L.O., Komov A.P., Komov Ye.O. / (Ukraine); Patent applicant and patent holder: National Transport University, Kharkiv National Transport University, Ukrainian State Academy of Railway Transport, Donetsk Railway Transport Institute, State № ua 106525; app. 16.10.2012 application: a2012 11919, publ. 10.09.2014, Bul. №17.-17p.:il.
- Aleksandrov V., Pokintelitsa E. "Claster- coagulation crystallization of supercooling liquids", Saarbrucken (Deutschland): Palmarium academic publishing, 2015, 176 p.