This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Study of Disc In-Plane Mode which Induced Brake Squeal
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 17, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Previous studies have shown that the disc vibration mode during braking noise is not always the same and there are some types of mode. Until now, disc brake noise studies are reported regarding out of plane noise primarily, and there are many noise countermeasure methods. On the other hand, there is short research history of “Inplane mode noise” which disc vibrates to circumstance direction with extension and contraction movement. Therefore, there are few studies which are explained the noise mechanism in detail in the view point of pad.
In this report, we discuss energy which flows into pad surface at inplane noise braking and focused friction force variation by the surface pressure change especially. The inflow energy was calculated by the pad’s displacement of disc rotating direction(ΔX) and pad thickness variation(Δh) which is acquired by 3D scanning laser Doppler measurement system. This technique was made in reference to the past research. (Y.Ichiba&Y.Nagasawa SAE Technical Paper 930802(1993))
CitationYamaguchi, Y. and Kondo, T., "Experimental Study of Disc In-Plane Mode which Induced Brake Squeal," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2484, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2484.
- Misumi R. & Matsushima T. Investigation of Disc In-Plane Mode Induced Brake Squeal JSAE No.20115676
- Nagasawa Y. Analysis of Brake Squeal 1993
- Ichiba , Y. and Nagasawa , Y. Experimental Study on Disc Brake Squeal SAE Technical Paper 930802 1993 10.4271/930802
- Matsuzaki , M. and Izumihara , T. Brake Noise Caused by Longitudinal Vibration of the Disc Rotor SAE Technical Paper 930804 1993 10.4271/930804
- Saitoh S. , Takagi T. , Baba H. & Wada T. Study of Brake Squeal caused by In-Plane vibration of Rotor JSAE2001 48 01 2001
- Yokoyama , T. , Matsushima , T. , Matsui , N. , and Misumi , R. A Study of Reduction for Brake Squeal in Disc In-Plane Mode SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1825 2012 10.4271/2012-01-1825
- Tominaga M. , Ryu T. , Nakae T. , Rosbi S. et al Investigation of Generation Mechanism of In-Plane Squeal by Using Concentrated Mass Model JSAE No.20145066
- Nakae T. , Ryu T. , Rosbi S. , Tominaga M. etal Investigation of Generation Mechanism of In-Plane Squeal According to Balance of Eigenvalue JSAE No.2