This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Trajectory Planning of the Lane Change Assist Based on the Model Predictive Control with Multi-Objective
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 23, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The automatic lane change assist system is an intelligent driving assistance technology oriented to traffic safety, which requires trajectory planning of the lane change maneuver based on the lane change decision. A typical scene of lane change for overtaking is selected, where the front vehicle in the same lane and the rear vehicle in the left lane are deemed to be potential dangerous vehicles through the lane change. Lane change trajectory equation is first established according to the general law of steering wheel angle through lane changes. Based on the relative position, velocity and acceleration information of the dangerous vehicles and the lane change vehicle, motions of these surrounding dangerous vehicles are predicted. At the same time, a multi-objective optimization function is established based on the relative longitudinal safety boundary. The objectives are the minimum safety distance, the lane change time and the front wheel angle. The trajectory planning algorithm of the lane change assist based on the model predictive control with multi-objective is then studied. The influence of vehicle speed on trajectory tracking is analyzed in this paper, then the feasibility and robustness of the algorithm is verified. In addition, the complexity of the model is simplified in considering of real-time demand while accuracy is still guaranteed. Simulation and experimental results show that the trajectory planning algorithm based on the model predictive control with multi - objective has greater improvements of those objectives of lane change compared with PID control. The proposed trajectory optimization algorithm can provide reference for the automatic lane change assist system.
CitationWang, Y., Feng, R., Pan, D., Liu, Z. et al., "The Trajectory Planning of the Lane Change Assist Based on the Model Predictive Control with Multi-Objective," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2004, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2004.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- YU Leiyan , LIN Yi , LI Yufang Study on Automobile Steering-by-Wire System [J] Agricultural Equipment and Vehicles Engineering 2006 1 32 36
- Kang C M , Gu Y S , Jeon S J et al. Lateral Control System for Autonomous Lane Change System on Highways [J] Les Cahiers Nantais 2016 9 2 111 115
- Hundelshausen F V , Himmelsbach M , Hecker F et al. Driving with tentacles: Integral structures for sensing and motion [J] Journal of Field Robotics 2008 25 9 640 673
- Erlien S M , Fujita S , Gerdes J C Shared Steering Control Using Safe Envelopes for Obstacle Avoidance and Vehicle Stability [J] Intelligent Transportation Systems IEEE Transactions on 2016 17 2 441 451
- Ren Xuemei Robot Trajectory Tracking Based on Neural Network Control [J] Control and Decision 1997 4 317 321
- Zhang Liguang , Tan Babcheng , Ma Tianli Design and Implementation of Vehicle Tracking Controller for Unmanned Vehicles [J] Journal of Xi'an University of Technology 2013 8 680 684
- Zhu Xichan , Liu Zhichao , Li Lin Design and Implementation of Vehicle Tracking Controller for Unmanned Vehicles [J] Journal of Xi'an University of Technology 2015 4 328 332
- Li X , Sun J Q , Dawson K A et al. Studies of vehicle lane-changing dynamics and its effect on traffic efficiency, safety and environmental impact[J] Physica A Statistical Mechanics & Its Applications 2017 467 41 58
- Yu Fan , Lin Yi Automotive System Dynamics [M] Machinery Industry Press 2005
- Li Shenghua , Wang Jianqiang , Li Keqiang Stability Method for Prediction Control System of Soft Constrained Linear Model [J] Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology) 2010 11 020 Sheng Jianhui , Xiao Dongrong , Guo Wei et al. (MPC) system simulation software development and implementation [J] Journal of Liaoning Technical University 2004 23 2 226 229
- Kühne F , Fetter W , João L et al. Model predictive control of a mobile robot using linearization[J] Proceedings of Mechatronics & Robotics 2004