This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Magnetic Actuators for Active Powertrain Vibration Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 05, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The new fuel efficiency and emission standards have forced OEMs to put emphasis on different strategies such as engine downsizing, cylinder deactivation… Unfortunately these new technologies may lead to increased powertrain vibrations generated by the engine and transmitted to the chassis and the car cabin, such that their reduction or elimination has become a key topic for the automotive industry. The use of active engine mounts, acting directly on the fluid of an hydromount, or active vibration dampers, acting as an inertial mass-spring system, are very effective solutions, particularly when using electromagnetic based actuators. Nevertheless, all electromagnetic actuators technologies are not equals and the choice of such actuators must be considered carefully by taking into account the full performances and the overall cost of the solutions. This paper presents an electromagnetic actuator technology, that can be considered as the best tradeoff between performances and cost. Comparisons with existing solutions currently proposed by automotive suppliers will also be shown.
CitationLoussert, G., "Magnetic Actuators for Active Powertrain Vibration Control," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1829, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1829.
- Automotive Acoustics Conferences 3rd International ATZ Confrence 23-24 June 2015 Zurich, Switzerland
- Bierman , J. W. ; Fortino , A. ; Reke , M. ; Bakirdogen , U. Active Vibration Control By Electro-Active Polymers ATZ Worldwide 115 Springer Professional 07 08 2013
- Kraus , R. ; Herold , S. ; Millitzer , J. ; Jungblut , T. Development of Active Engine Mounts Based on Piezo Actuators ATZ Worldwide 116 Springer Professional 01 2014
- Karkosch , H.J. ; Marienfeld , P.M. Active Vibration Control - Enabler for Fuel Efficient Drives Conference Actuator Bremen, Germany 2014
- Römling , S. ; Vollmann , S. ; Kolkhorst , T. Active Engine Mount System in the New Audi S8 MTZ Worldwide 74 Springer Professional 01 2013
- Kruse E. ; Harrison A. Active Vibration Control Technology for Electric Vehicles with Range Extender ATZ Worldwide 117 Springer Professional 06 2015
- European patent application EP2678924
- Bödrich T. ; Ehle F. ; Rivera O. ; Lienig J. Compact moving-magnet actuator for automation and its control Conference Actuator Bremen, Germany 2014
- Frankfurt Motorshow IAA 17 27 September 2015 Frankfurt, Germany