This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Noise Control Capability of Structurally Integrated Resonator Arrays in a Foam-Treated Cylinder
ISSN: 2380-2162, e-ISSN: 2380-2170
Published June 05, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Allen, A., Schiller, N., and Rouse, J., "Noise Control Capability of Structurally Integrated Resonator Arrays in a Foam-Treated Cylinder," SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH 1(2):362-371, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1765.
- Junger M. C., “Helmholtz resonators in load-bearing walls,” Noise Control Engineering, vol. 4, pp. 17-25, Jan. 1975.
- Jones M. G. and Howerton B. M., “Evaluation of parallel-element, variable-impedance, broadband acoustic liner concepts,” in Proceedings of the 18th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference, (Colorado Springs, CO), June 2012.
- Mason J. M. and Fahy F. J., “The use of acoustically tuned resonators to improve the sound transmission loss of double-panel partitions,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 124, pp. 367-379, 1988.
- Prydz R. A., Wirt L. S., Kuntz H. L., and Pope L. D., “Transmission loss of a multilayer panel with internal tuned Helmholtz resonators,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 87, pp. 1597-1602, 1990.
- Kuntz H. L., Gatineau R. J., Prydz R. A., and Balena F. J., “Development and testing of cabin sidewall acoustic resonators for the reduction of cabin tone levels in propfanpowered aircraft,” Tech. Rep. CR 4388, NASA, 1991.
- Li D. and Vipperman J. S., “Noise control of mock-scale chambercore payload fairing using integrated acoustic resonators,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 43, pp. 877-882, 2006.
- Lane S. A., Henderson K., Williams A., and Ardelean E., “Chamber core structures for fairing acoustic mitigation,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, vol. 44, pp. 156-163, 2007.
- Schiller N. and Allen A., “Tuned chamber core panel acoustic test results,” Tech. Rep. TM 2016-219338, NASA Langley Research Center, 2016.
- ABAQUS version 6.14 Documentation, ABAQUS Analysis User’s Manual. Providence, RI, 2014.
- Miki Y., “Acoustical properties of porous materials - modifi-cations of Delany-Bazley models,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of Japan, vol. 11, pp. 19-24, 1990.
- Allen A. R. and Schiller N. H., “Experimental evaluation of equivalent-fluid models for melamine foam,” in Proceedings of NoiseCon 2016, (Providence, RI), June 2016.
- Lok T.-S. and Cheng Q.-H., “Elastic stiffness properties and behavior of truss-core sandwich panel,” Journal of Structural Engineering, vol. 126, pp. 552-559, 2000.
- Pierce A. D., Acoustics: An Introduction to Its Physical Principles and Applications. Acoustical Society of America, 1991.
- Coyette, J., Detandt, Y., Lielens, G., and Van den Nieuwenhof, B., "Vibro-Acoustic Simulation of Mechanical Components Excited by Distributed Random Loads," SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2212, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-2212.
- Rafaely B., “Spatial-temporal correlation of a diffuse sound field,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 107, pp. 3254-3258, 2000.
- ASTM C384, Standard Test Method for Impedance and Absorption of Acoustical Materials by Impedance Tube Method, 2004.