This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Electric Vehicle Detectability: a Methods-Based Approach to Assess Artificial Noise Impact on the Ability of Pedestrians to Safely Detect Approaching Electric Vehicles
ISSN: 2380-2162, e-ISSN: 2380-2170
Published June 05, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Roan, M., Neurauter, M., Moore, D., and Glaser, D., "Electric Vehicle Detectability: a Methods-Based Approach to Assess Artificial Noise Impact on the Ability of Pedestrians to Safely Detect Approaching Electric Vehicles," SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH 1(2):352-361, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1762.
- UN:ECE 2015 Proposal for a new regulation concerning the approval of quiet road transport vehicles (QRTV) http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trans/doc/2015/wp29grb/ECE-TRANS-WP.29-GRB-2015-09e.pdf
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 2011 Minimum sound requirements for hybrid and electric vehicles-Draft environmental assessment Docket Number NHTSA-2011-0100 Washington, DC US Department of Transportation
- United States Department of Transportation 2013 Minimum sound requirements for hybrid and electric vehicles. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Docket No. NHTSA-2011-0148 Notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM)
- Pliskow , J. , Naghshineh , K. , Wall Emerson , R. , Kim , D. et al. Detection of Hybrid and Quiet Vehicles by Blind and Visually Impaired Pedestrians SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1725 2011 10.4271/2011-01-1725
- Emerson , R. W. , Kim , D. S. , Naghshineh , K. , & Myers , K. 2012 Blind pedestrians and quieter vehicles: How adding artificial sounds impacts travel decisions Paper presented at the Proceedings of Internoise Conference 2012 New York
- Kim , D. S. , Emerson , R. W. , Naghshineh , K. , & Myers , K. 2014 Influence of ambient sound fluctuations on the crossing decisions of pedestrians who are visually impaired: Implications for setting a minimum sound level for quiet vehicles Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness (Online) 108 5 368
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 49 CFR Part 571 and 585 Docket No. NHTSA-2016-xxxx RIN 2127-AK93 Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards; Minimum Sound Requirements for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles
|Market Research Report||Non-Engineer's Guide to Electric Vehicles|