This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Research on Brand Sound Positioning and Implementing with Active Sound Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 05, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper aims to establish a systematic process of developing a brand driving sound. Firstly, principal factors of a brand sound identity are extracted from factor analysis of many sample cars. As a result, brand sound positioning map is drawn using jury test data. Also, the multiple regression analysis of subjective and objective test results is carried. As a result, the principal factors are expressed by objective test data and brand sound positioning map can be easily updated from the measurement data. In addition, what should be improved for designing a target sound is reviewed. Secondly, various technologies of target sound design are discussed to involve the brand identity and vehicle’s character in driving sound. Also, an efficient tool to implement the target sound with an active sound design (ASD) system in a vehicle is introduced. This tool enables to efficiently design, tune and simulate a target sound for ASD system in a laboratory. As a result, some sound examples synthesized by this tool are illustrated.
|Magazine Issue||SAE Off-Highway Engineering 2013-06-13|
|Technical Paper||The Application of Virtual Test Technology in Component Design and Process Validation|
|Technical Paper||Thermal Simulation of the Electrical Distribution Box|
CitationChang, K., Kim, S., Park, D., Moon, S. et al., "A Research on Brand Sound Positioning and Implementing with Active Sound Design," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1754, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1754.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
- Yoshida , J. and Igata , T. Influence of Impression of Vehicle Styling on Loudness of Acceleration Sounds in Cabin J. of the Acoustical Society of America 130 1 2011 10.1121/1.3599004
- Chang , K. , Jeong , K. , and Park , D. A Study on the Strategy and Implementing Technology for the Development of Luxurious Driving Sound SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0035 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0035
- Kubo , N. , Mellert , V. , Weber , R. , and Meschke , J. Categorization of Engine Sound Proceedings of the 33rd International Congress and Exposition on Noise Control Engineering 2004
- Buss , S. , Schulte-Fortkamp , B. , and Muckel , P. Combining methods to evaluate sound quality Proceedings of the 29th International Congress and Exposition on Noise control engineering 2000
- Chang , K. and Park , D. Technology of an Emotional Engine Sound Designing for Active Sound Control Using Order Balance and Musical Instrument Sound SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1782 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1782
- Chiba , T. and Kajiyama , M. The Vowel: Its Nature and Structure Tokyo Tokyo-Kaiseikan 1941
- Wolfe , J. , Garnier , M. , Smith , J. Voice Acoustics: an Introduction 2009