This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Sensorless Control Solution for DCT Oil Pump with BLDC Motor
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Double Clutch Transmission system becomes more and more popular in vehicles because of the fuel saving performance, cost efficiency and comfortable feeling during gear change. To save fuel consumption and reduce CO2 emissions, pump can be driven by an electric motor for oil pressure on demand. This paper will introduce a technical solution for sensorless control of an electric pump motor used in a DCT system. Oil pressure control is fulfilled by a speed controller of the oil pump motor. Some critical control requirements for the pump motor are short and reliable start-up stage, stable and accurate speed control. This paper will elaborate on the difficulties of oil pump sensorless control, and how to solve these difficulties with minimum electronic hardware. Test results will be presented. In conclusion, the proposed sensorless control strategy can meet application requirements and meanwhile provide a cost-effective and motor parameters-independent control solution.
CitationQian, W. and Zhang, H., "A Sensorless Control Solution for DCT Oil Pump with BLDC Motor," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1631, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1631.
- Matthes , B. Dual Clutch Transmissions – Lessons learned and future potential SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1021 2005
- Ahad Ahmed Buksh , Richard Dixon Electrification spurs powertrain semiconductor market growth IHS market tracker on automotive technology, H1 2016
- Mirko Leesch CO2 reduction through modern DCT actuation units the 2nd International VDI Conference – Control solutions for transmissions 2015
- Degner , M. W. Flux, Position, and Velocity Estimation in AC Machines Using Carrier Signal Injection University of Wisconsin-Madison 1998
- Matthew J. Corley and Robert D. Lorenz Rotor Position and Velocity Estimation for a Salient-Pole Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine at Standstill and High Speeds IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications 34 4 1998
- Lin mingyao , Zhang zhiyao , Lin keman A Novel and Easy-Realizing Initial Rotor Position Detection Method and Speedup Algorithm for Sensorless BLDC Motor Drives School of Electrical Engineering, Southeast University Nanjing China