This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A System for Autonomous Braking of a Vehicle Following Collision
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper presents two brake control functions which are initiated when there is an impact force applied to a host vehicle. The impact force is generated due to the host vehicle being collided with or by another vehicle or object. The first function - called the post-impact braking assist - initiates emergency brake assistance if the driver is braking during or right after the collision. The second function - called the post-impact braking - initiates autonomous braking up to the level of the anti-lock-brake system if the driver is not braking during or right after the collision. Both functions intend to enhance the current driver assistance features such as emergency brake assistance, electronic stability control, anti-brake-lock system, collision mitigation system, etc.
|Technical Paper||A Review of Car-Trailer Lateral Stability Control Approaches|
|Technical Paper||An Advanced Yaw Stability Control System|
|Technical Paper||Model Predictive Control for Feasible Region of Active Collision Avoidance|
CitationLu, J., Hammoud, H., Clark, T., Hofmann, O. et al., "A System for Autonomous Braking of a Vehicle Following Collision," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1581, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1581.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Lu, Jianbo, Xu Li, Jacobson Bengt Johan Henrik, and Thor Mikael. "Stability control system with body-force-disturbance heading correction." U.S. Patent 8,712,641, issued April 29, 2014.
- Lu, Jianbo, Meyers Joseph Carr, Rupp Jeffrey Dan, Jacobson Bengt Johan Henrik, Geurink Mathijs Willem, Rhode Doug Scott, and Johansson Olle. "Enhanced yaw stability control to mitigate a vehicle's abnormal yaw motion due to a disturbance force applied to vehicle body." U.S. Patent 8,565,993, issued October 22, 2013.
- Lu, Jianbo, and Rouhana Stephen W.. "Post-impact path assist for vehicles." U.S. Patent 8,930,060, issued January 6, 2015.
- Lu, Jianbo, Schaefer Roland, Zegelaar Peter WA, Burgio Gilberto, Derflinger Monika, and Hofmann Otto. "Method and device for providing braking assistance in a motor vehicle after an initial collision." U.S. Patent 8,903,618, issued December 2, 2014.
- Hammoud, Hassen, Lu Jianbo, Burgio Gilberto, Clark Todd N., Hofmann Otto, Lakehal-ayat Mohsen, Farmer Shweta M., Shomsky Jason, and Schaefer Roland. "Method and device for autonomous braking of a vehicle following collision." U.S. Patent 8,903,620, issued December 2, 2014; U.S. Patent 9,205,815, issued December 8, 2015.
- Zhou, Jing, Lu Jianbo, and Peng Huei. "Vehicle stabilisation in response to exogenous impulsive disturbances to the vehicle body." International Journal of Vehicle Autonomous Systems 8, no. 2-4 (2010): 242-262.
- Euro NCAP Advanced Reward 2013. “Skoda multi collision brake.” http://www.euroncap.com/en/ratings-rewards/euro-ncap-advanced-rewards/2013-skoda-multi-collision-brake/
- NCAP Advanced Reward 2012. “Volkswagen multi collision brake.” http://www.euroncap.com/en/ratings-rewards/euro-ncap-advanced-rewards/2012-volkswagen-multi-collision-brake/
- Zhou, Jing, Lu Jianbo, and Peng Huei. "Vehicle dynamics in response to the maneuver of precision immobilization technique." In ASME 2008 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, pp. 577-584. American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2008.
- Zhou, Jing, Peng Huei, and Lu Jianbo. "Collision model for vehicle motion prediction after light impacts." Vehicle System Dynamics 46, no. S1 (2008): 3-15.
- Ford Media. “Water cannon stability control test - all in the name of safety at Ford.” May 13, 2009. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHE63383D2Q.