This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Full Air Pneumatic Suspension Type for Commercial Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The air suspension development and its applications have becoming increasingly relevant for commercial vehicles to provide dynamic ride comfort to driver and reduce the load impact onto driver and or cargo. This paper shows the analysis and application of an air suspension system for commercial tractor vehicles and its dynamic influence.
A special focus was given to pneumatic actuation system, responsible for leveling and control of suspension´s stiffness under different conditions of usage, laden and unladed. The project was conducted starting with the vehicle dynamic performance analysis, evaluating the pneumatic suspension circuit modifications in order to obtain vehicle dynamic behavior improvement, ensuring directional stability under different maneuvering conditions.
During the development quality tools were used, considering the possible failure modes and effects to guide the design changes in order to achieve the desired behavior, as well as virtual simulation tools (Adams) and rig test validations.
Using data acquisition and vehicle test analysis, the improved dynamic results proposed were validated and considered as the final design solution.
CitationIombriller, S., "Development of Full Air Pneumatic Suspension Type for Commercial Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1490, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1490.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Chondros , T.G. An Approximate Method For The Evaluation of Roll Stiffness Of Road Tankers, Article - ResearchGate 2006
- Deo , H. , Suh , N. Pneumatic Suspension System With Independent Control of Damping, Stiffness and Ride-Height Firenze 2006
- Ferraresi , C. , Quaglia , G. and Sorli , M. Analisi dei parametri di progetto di sospensioni semiattive Proc. XI National Congress AIMETA 1992
- Firestone Air Ride Design Guide Catalogue Firestone 1992
- Gillespie , T.D. Comparative Study of Vehicle Roll Stability Michigan 1983
- Gillespie , T. Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics Warrendale Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1992 10.4271/R-114
- Yi , K. and Hedrick , J. Active and Semi-Active Heavy Truck Suspensions to Reduce Pavement Damage SAE Technical Paper 892486 1989 10.4271/892486
- Lazarz , Boguslow Stabilizer Bars: Calculations and Contructions Poland 2010
- Presthus , M. Derivation of air spring model parameters for train simulation Sweden 2002
- Shitsuki , R.D. Análise do Efeito da Suspensão Traseira de Veículo Rodoviário de Carga e Desempenho de Pavimentos Flexíveis São Bernardo do Campo 2009
- Simon , D. E. Experimental Evaluation of Semiactive Magnetorheological Primary Suspensions for Heavy Truck Applications USA 1998
- Quaglia , G. & Sorli , M. Air Suspension Dimensionless Analysis and Design Procedure Taylor & Francis Journal 2001
- Winckler , C.B. , Erum , R.D. Rollover of Commercial Vehicle Michigan 1999