This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on the Effect of Inverter Modulation Methods and Operating Condition on Common Mode EMI for Motor Drive System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
There are many electronic devices in electric vehicle (EV), making its electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) serious. Motor drive system is the main interference source of EV, whose electromagnetic interference (EMI) is much worse than conventional vehicle. In this paper, the motor drive system of EV was mainly researched, and a co-simulation method was proposed: control system and motor model were established with Matlab, and the equivalent circuit model of inverter and the cable model were established with Saber. By this way, a complete motor drive system model for conductive EMI was obtained. This modeling method can not only accurately establish the EMI sources and coupling paths, but can simulate the control strategy and operating conditions. In order to study the influence of Inverter Modulation Mode on the common mode (CM) EMI of motor drive system, firstly equivalent circuit model of inverter was established with Saber, and control system of motor drive system using space vector pulse width Modulation (SVPWM) and permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) was established with Matlab. Then the CM current at the output of inverter was experimented, and the accuracy of the model was verified by comparing the simulation with the experiment. Finally, the effect of random zero-vector distribution PWM (RZPWM) and random switching frequency PWM (RSFPWM) on CM EMI was researched. Influence of operating condition on CM EMI was also studied. The research work of this paper has a certain theoretical guiding significance for the EMI prediction of the motor drive system of EV.
CitationZhang, J., Shen, M., and Zhao, X., "Study on the Effect of Inverter Modulation Methods and Operating Condition on Common Mode EMI for Motor Drive System," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1223, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1223.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Zhong E , Lipo T A Improvements in EMC performance of inverter-fed motor drives IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 1995 31 6 1247 1256
- Xu X Y , Sankaran V A Power electronics in electric vehicles: Challenges and opportunities Conference Record - IAS Annual Meeting 1993 1 10 463 469
- Lee Y H , Nasiri A R Analysis and Modeling of Conductive EMI Noise of PowerElectronics Converters in Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles 23th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition 2008 4 11 1952 1957
- Shungang Xu , Jianping Xu , Taiqiang Cao Research on harmonic analysis and suppression method of SPWM inverter power supply output Journal of University of Electronic Science and Technology of China 2010 39 5 701 705
- Haiqing Long EMC research on PWM drive motor system for electric vehicle":[D] Chongqing Chongqing University 2014
- Xuejun Pei Research on conduction electromagnetic interference of PWM inverter":[D] Hubei Huazhong University of Science and Technology 2004
- Hong Sun Research on conduction EMI of motor drive system in electric vehicle":[D] Chongqing Chongqing University 2012
- Dengke Yuan , Shenggui Tao AC permanent magnet motor VVVF System Beijing China Machine Press 2011
- Guoqiang Chen Research on harmonic characteristics of permanent magnet synchronous motor with random space pulse width modulation":[D] Shanghai Tongji University 2012