This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Toyota New TNGA High-Efficiency Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission Direct Shift-8AT for FWD Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The new eight-speed automatic transmission direct shift-8AT (UA80) is the first automatic transmission to be developed based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) design philosophy. Commonizing or optimizing the main components of the UA80 enables compatibility with a wide torque range, including both inline 4-cylinder and V6 engines, while shortening development terms and minimizing investment. Additionally, it has superior packaging performance by optimizing the transmission size and arrangement achieving a low gravity center. It contributes to Vehicle’s attractiveness by improving driving performance and NVH. At the same time, it drastically improves fuel economy and quietness.
|Journal Article||Two-Phase MRF Model for Wet Clutch Drag Simulation|
|Journal Article||New RWD 10 Speed Automatic Transmission for Passenger Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Toyota’s New Driveline for FR Passenger Vehicles|
- Yosuke Michikoshi - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Daisuke Kusamoto - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Hirofumi Ota - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Masashi Ikemura - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Noritaka Takebayashi - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Ike Nobukazu - Aisin AW Co., Ltd.
- Yasuda Takashi - Aisin AW Co., Ltd.
- Inoue Ryohei - Aisin AW Co., Ltd.
CitationMichikoshi, Y., Kusamoto, D., Ota, H., Ikemura, M. et al., "Toyota New TNGA High-Efficiency Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission Direct Shift-8AT for FWD Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1093, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1093.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Kusamoto , D. , Yasuda , Y. , Watanabe , K. , Kimura , H. Toyota's New Six-Speed Automatic Transaxle U660E for FWD Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0847 2006 10.4271/2006-01-0847
- Ota , H. , Nozaki , K. , Honda , A. , Kinoshita , M. Toyota's World First 8-Speed Automatic Transmission for Passenger Cars SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1101 2007 10.4271/2007-01-1101
- Aoki , T. , Kato , H. , Kato , N. , and Masaru , M. The World's First Transverse 8-Speed Automatic Transmission SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1274 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1274