This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine Oil Fuel Economy Testing - A Tale of Two Tests
ISSN: 1946-3952, e-ISSN: 1946-3960
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Michlberger, A., Morgan, P., Delbridge, E., Gieselman, M. et al., "Engine Oil Fuel Economy Testing - A Tale of Two Tests," SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 10(2):478-486, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0882.
- Styer , J. and Guinther , G. Fuel Economy Beyond ILSAC GF-5: Correlation of Modern Engine Oil Tests to Real World Performance SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 5 3 1025 1033 2012 10.4271/2012-01-1618
- Irwin , R. and Fernandez , F. Energy-Conserving Engine Oils - Techniques and Technology SAE Technical Paper 830164 1983 10.4271/830164
- Hartfield-Wünsch , S. , Tung , S. , and Rivard , C. Development of a Bench Wear Test for the Evaluation of Engine Cylinder Components and the Correlation with Engine Test Results SAE Technical Paper 932693 1993 10.4271/932693
- MacCoull , N. , Ryder , E. , and Schlop , A. An Oil Corrosion Tester (A Simplified Apparatus for Testing Corrodibility of Bearings and Corrosiveness of Lubricants) SAE Technical Paper 420110 1942 10.4271/420110
- Consortium to Develop a New Sequence VID Fuel Efficiency Test for Engine Oils Final Report October 15 2008 ftp://ftp.astmtmc.cmu.edu/docs/gas/sequencevi/minutes/VID%20ConsortiumMatrixInfo/VID%20Consortium/Final%20Report%2010-16-08.pdf
- Mortier , R.M. , Fox , M.F. , Orszulik , S.T. 2010 Chemistry and Technology of Lubricants 2010 New York, New York Springer 10.1023/b105569
- Blanks , M. and Forster , N. Technical Approach to Increasing Fuel Economy Test Precision with Light Duty Vehicles on a Chassis Dynamometer SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0907 2016 10.4271/2016-01-0907
- Morgan , P. , Michlberger , A. et al. Advanced Test Methods Aid in Formulating Engine Oils for Fuel Economy SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-2269 2016 10.4271/2016-01-2269
- 40 CFR 600.208-12 Calculation of FTP-based and HFET-based fuel economy, CO2 emissions, and carbon-related exhaust emissions for a model type, 76 FR39552 July 6 2011 https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2015-title40-vol30/pdf/CFR-2015-title40-vol30-sec600-208-12.pdf
- EPA Fast Facts U.S. Transportation Sector Greenhouse Gas Emissions 1990-2014 Office of Transportation and Air Quality, EPA-420-F-16-020 June 2016 https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPDF.cgi?Dockey=P100ONBL.pdf