This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Development of a Composite A-Pillar to Reduce Obstruction Angle in Passenger Cars
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Vaidya, S., Velamakuri, N., Agarwal, P., Pilla, S. et al., "Design and Development of a Composite A-Pillar to Reduce Obstruction Angle in Passenger Cars," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 10(1):150-156, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0501.
- Metadata. Field of Vision (a-Pillar Geometry) -a Review of the Needs of Drivers: Nal Report. Of Vision (A- Pillar Geometry) -a Review of the Needs of Drivers: Nal Report. Loughborough: Loughborough University. n.p.: Field, 2001
- Ramu, B, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, Khurana, Rajdeep Singh and Sharma, Parveen Kumar. An Alternate Methodology to Measure the a-Pillar Obstruction in Passenger Cars. January 9, 2013.
- Rawat, Shweta, IGDTUW, and Das, Soumya Kanta. AlON a-Pillars: Enhancing Passenger Safety and Driver Visibility. April 1, 2014.
- Liao, Chungpin and Arbl Co. Patent US20060119705 - Apparatus for Creating Effectively Transparent a-Pillars on Vehicle. n.p.: Google Books, 2005.
- Frasher, Douglas H., .. Patent US6669275-Vehicle pillar structure. 30 Dec. 2003.
- Pipkorn, Bengt, Lundström, Jesper and Ericsson, Mattias. "Improved Car Occupant Safety by Expandable a-Pillars." International Journal of Crashworthiness 17, no. 1 (February 2012): 11–18.
- Meschtscherjakov, Alexander, Wanko, Lukas and Batz, Fabio. LED-a-Pillars. January 9, 2015,: 72–77.
- Wade, Michael G and Hammond, Curtis. "Forward Looking Blindspots: A Report of a-Pillar Induced Field-of-View Obstruction and Driver Performance in a Simulated Rural Environment." March 2002.
- Chen, G., "Optimized Design Solutions for Roof Strength Using Advanced High Strength Steels," SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 3(1):90–98, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-0214.
- "Google." Accessed October 14, 2016. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=BMW+328I+weight.
- Gatilao, Fern, MGA Research Corp, Roesser, Gerald and Reaume, Brad. An Overview of FMVSS 216a - Roof Crush Resistance Testing. April 12, 2010.
- International, SAE. "Fundamentals of Automobile Body Structure Design." February 12, 2016.
- Fraser, Thor, Goldenberg, Darren Isa, Mat Muhammad, Steinhauser, Alex Pan, Jwo ME 450 Students, and Ann Arbor. "Design of Automotive Center Pillar Reinforcement to Resist Roof Crush." December 2007.
- "Mechanical Properties of Carbon Fibre Composite Materials." Accessed October 14, 2016. http://www.performance-composites.com/carbonfibre/mechanicalproperties_2.asp.
|Technical Paper||A Rear-End Barrier Impact Simulation Model for Unibody Passenger Cars|
|Technical Paper||A Study on New Approach of Optimization for the Automotive Plastic Interior Parts|
|Technical Paper||Computer Modelling of Phenolic Postcure|