This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Polyurethane Reactive (PUR) Adhesive to Improve Heat Resistance for Car Seat Attachment Techniques
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Recently, it is one of a major problems in automotive industry that wrinkles on seat interior occur at detaching between seat covering and padding foam. The purpose of this research is the way to improve heat resistance and adhesion using polyurethane reactive (PUR) of thermosetting plastic material. We compose PUR that makes thin film and non-tacky characteristic on padding foam. We find optimum situation (method and amount) for leather and padding foam. Viscosity and melting temperature are adjusted to coat with amount. 25~30g/m2 are suitable on padding foam unlike traditional method to coat leather above 100g/ m2. We also verified performances of PUR lamination compared to others. As result, peel strength is strongest at 15.4N/30mm. Heat resistance is also excellent with various padding foams. Furthermore we advance an additional jig to match leather and padding foam by low tacky characteristic of PUR. This jig can increase productivity in seat manufacturing process.
CitationChoi, H., Ko, J., Song, J., and Woo, S., "Polyurethane Reactive (PUR) Adhesive to Improve Heat Resistance for Car Seat Attachment Techniques," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0491, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0491.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Virginia , C, M. , Samdra , J, M. , William , L, B. Thermally stable hot melt moisture-cure polyurethane adhesive composition US4775719A 1986
- Patel , A. , Olejnik , D. , Lamarca , L. , and Hoketsu , H. Olefin Foam Laminates: Applications & Performance Benefits in the Manufacture of Automotive Interior Trim SAE Technical Paper 981000 1998 10.4271/981000
- Goel , A. and Hillshafer , D. Crosslinkable Hot Melt Adhesives for Flexible and Structural Bonding SAE Technical Paper 930837 1993 10.4271/930837
- Ludbrook , B. and Martin , R. High Performance, Heat Cured Adhesives and Sealants in Body Construction SAE Technical Paper 920314 1992 10.4271/920314
- Tang Qiheng , He Jiyu , Yang Rongjie , Ai Qingsong Study of the synthesis and bonding properties of reactive hot-melt polyurethane adhesive Journal of applied polymer science 128 3 2152 2162
- Emily K , L. , William H , H. , John, M , T. Polyurethane/polyhydroxyurethane hybrid polymers and their applications as adhesive bonding agents International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives 64 January 2016 1 8 2016