Study on Cycle Time Reduction of Injection Molding Using CAE
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Downloadable datasets for this paper availableAnnotation of this paper is available
Cost reduction is an important issue in the intense competition automotive industry. Interior parts which are mainly consist of plastic have same issue. The manufacturing main processes of plastic products are injection and assemble and the cost of injection depends on injection cycle time. Therefore many studies for the reduction of injection cycle time have been implemented. However the researches based on engineer's experiences have limits so, nowadays many studies utilize CAE. In this paper, the study for the reduction of cycle time focused on injection molding design. To satisfy appearance quality with the reduction of cycle time, the design of injection molding was optimized by using CAE. The result of CAE showed many causes and effects of problems. The optimization of injection molding design improved the quality with the reduction of cycle time. Finally, the product based on CAE showed good quality and cycle time reduction in comparison with previous products.
CitationJo, H., Kim, J., Park, J., Yang, H. et al., "Study on Cycle Time Reduction of Injection Molding Using CAE," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0489, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0489.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Shoemaker Jay, Moldflow Design Guide A Resource for Plastics Engineers, Hanser, USA, 2006
- White James L., Kamal Musa R., Isayev Avraam I., Liu Shin-Jung, Injection Molding Technology and Fundamentals, Hanser, Germany, 2009
- Zheng Rong, Tanner Roger I., Fan Xi-Jun, Injection Molding Integration of Theory and Modeling Mehods, Springer, Germany, 2011
- Kazuaki KITAGAWA, Riichi NAKANO, JISSEN SHASHUTSU SEIKEI FURYO TAISAKU JIREISHU, THE NIKKAN KOGYOSHIMBUN, LTD., JAPAN, 2010
- Guo, X. and Guo, Q., "Study on Warpage of Large and Thin-Wall Injection Molded Part," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0947, 2012, doi:10.4271/2012-01-0947.
- Jo, H., Kim, Y., Lee, H., Park, H. et al., "A Study on New Approach of Optimization for the Automotive Plastic Interior Parts," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0476, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-0476.