This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Supplier Quality Engineering and Lean Manufacturing Integration
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Automotive industries have been seeking quality excellence as a key factor in competitiveness. Product characteristics and functions should meet the expectations of customers in terms of warranty and reliability.
The objective of this paper is to present a method to improve the synchronization of customer’s product requirements with their suppliers in terms of key performance indicators.
The improvement allows suppliers to take corrective and preventive actions through knowledge of component applications in engines and vehicles.
Engine assembly lines maintain records and meet daily meet to explore trends of productivity, and supplier quality performance is measured based on engine failure instead of parts supplied.
This methodology integrates Lean Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Engineering and respective targets, combining efforts towards Quality Assurance.
|Technical Paper||Parts Communization Solutions in Automotive Supplying|
|Technical Paper||Use Of Kanban Mechanisms To Deal With Localized Production Problems In An Aerospace Production Environment|
|Technical Paper||Thermoforming Automotive Foam Parts|
CitationBastos, S., "Supplier Quality Engineering and Lean Manufacturing Integration," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0295, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0295.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Sanjay Bhasin Lean Management Beyond Manufacturing 2015
- Stamatis D.H., Quality Assurance Applying Methodologies for Launching New Products, Services and Customer Satisfaction 2015
- Handfield R. B. and Lawson B., “Integrating suppliers into new product development,” Research Technology Management, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 44-51, 2007
- MONCZKA, Robert. New Product Development: Strategies for Supplier Integration.2000
- Kenneth Rose Project Quality Management: Why, What and How 2005