This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Why Separate Simulation of Input Influences for Accelerated Reliability and Durability Testing is Not Effective?
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper considers the situation in the laboratory testing: different stress types and accelerated testing, including accelerated reliability/durability testing, accelerated life testing, reliability testing, proving grounds, vibration, temperature, voltage, humidity, and others. In comparison with field situation, most of these testing simulate only one or part of the field input influences. One uses often not accurately the theory of physics-of-degradation process or failures for comparison of the field results with laboratory results. This situation will be considered with practical examples. It will be demonstrated that often used laboratory testing does not offer the possibility for successful prediction of product performance during service life As a result, there are many complaints, recalls, and less profit than was predicted during design and manufacturing. It will be shown how one can improve this situation..
CitationKlyatis, L., "Why Separate Simulation of Input Influences for Accelerated Reliability and Durability Testing is Not Effective?," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0276, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0276.
- SAE 2005 - 2016 World Congress & Exhibition. Event Guides
- SAE 2012 - 2016 AeroTech Congress & Exhibition. Event Guides
- ASQ 2006 - 2016 World Conferences on Quality and Improvement. Program
- ASQ’s 1997 - 2004 Annual Quality Congresses. On-Site Programs & Proceedings
- ASAE (The International Society for Engineering in Agricultural, Food, and Technological Systems) 1995 - 1997. Final Program
- SAE 2003 - 2005 World Aviation Congress & Expositions. Final Program
- ASABE (American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers). Annual International Meeting. 2007 Program
- AETC’99 (Agricultural Equipment Technology Conference (1999). Program
- ASAE (The International Society for Engineering in Agricultural, Food, and Technological Systems) 1994 Winter & Summer Meetings. Final Programs
- Annual RELIABILITY and MAINTAINABILITY Symposiums. The International Symposium of Product Quality & Integrity. PROCEEDINGS. 1997 - 2002 2012
- Klyatis Lev M. Accelerated Reliability and Durability Testing Technology John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2012
- Klyatis Lev , Klyatis Eugene Successful Accelerated Testing Mir Collection 2002
- Klyatis Lev , Klyatis Eugene Accelerated Quality and Reliability Solutions Elsevier UK 2006
- Klyatis , L. Introduction to Successful Predicting of Product Performance (Reliability, Durability, Safety, Quality, Recalls, Profit, Life Cycle Cost, and Others) SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0487 2015 10.4271/2015-01-0487
- Klyatis , L. The Role of Accurate Simulation of Real World Conditions and ART/ADT Technology for Accurate Efficiency Predicting of the Product/Process SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0746 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0746
- Klyatis , L. Why Current Types of Accelerated Stress Testing Cannot Help to Accurately Predict Reliability and Durability? SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0800 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0800
- Klyatis Lev & Vaysman Aysik Accurate Simulation of Human Factors and Reliability, Maintainability, and Supportability Solutions The Journal of Reliability, Maintainability, Supportability in Systems Engineering RMS Partnership Winter 2007 2008
- Klyatis Lev A New Approach to Physical Simulation and Accelerated Reliability Testing in Avionics. Development Forum Aerospace Testing Expo2006 North America Anaheim, California November 14-16, 2006
- Klyatis , L. M. 1998 Physical Simulation of Input Processes for Accelerated Reliability Testing The Twelfth International Conference of the Israel Society for Quality 29 File://F//Images/Dec982S.htm 1 12 Jerusalem December 1-3, 1998
- MTS MTS Durability Testing Solutions https://www.mts.com
- Kyle J. T. , Harrison H. P. The Use of Accelerometer Is Simulating Field Conditions for Accelerated Testing of Farm Machinery ASAE Paper No. 60-631 Memphis 1960
- Briskham P. , Smith G. Cycle Stress Durability Testing of Lap Shear Joints Exposed to Hot-Wet Conditions International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives 20 1 2000
- Solar Simulation Systems KHS K. H. Stevernagel Lichttechnik Gmbh
- Chan A. H. Accelerated Stress Testing Handbook. Guide for Achieving Quality Products Wiley - IEEE Press 2001
- Corrosion Chambers - Salt Spray - , Humidity www.awsequipment.com