This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Trajectory Planning and Fuzzy Control for Autonomous Intelligent Parking System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper proposed a two-section trajectory planning algorithm. In this trajectory planning, sigmoid function is adopted to fit two tangent arcs to meet limited parking spaces by reducing the radius of turning. Then the transverse preview model is established and the path tracking errors including distance error and angle error are estimated. The weight coefficient is considered to distribute the impact factor of traverse distance error or traverse angle error in the total error. The fuzzy controller is designed to track the two-section trajectory in autonomous intelligent parking system. The fuzzy controller is developed due to its real-time and robustness in the parking process. Traverse errors and its first-order derivative are selected as input variables and the outer wheel steering angle is selected as the output variable in fuzzy controller. They are also divided into seven fuzzy sets. Finally, forty rules are decided to achieve effective trajectory tracking. The detailed description of the proposed trajectory planning is demonstrated. The design aspects of Fuzzy Logic Controller and kinematic/dynamic theories in intelligent parking system are investigated in details. A combination of PreScan and Matlab Simulink is used to develop a numerical simulation model in order to verify the effectiveness of the proposed trajectory planning algorithm and Fuzzy Logic Controller in parking system. A superior performance is demonstrated and concluded for the proposed autonomous intelligent parking system.
CitationYang, W., Zheng, L., Li, Y., Ren, Y. et al., "A Trajectory Planning and Fuzzy Control for Autonomous Intelligent Parking System," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0032, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0032.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
- Guo K., Jiang H., Zhang J., Ding H. “Automatic parallel parking steering controller based on fuzzy logic control theory” Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition), 2009-09-0035, doi: 10.13229/j.cnki.jdxbgxb2009.s2.058.
- Paromtchik I., Laugier C. “Autonomous Parallel Parking and Returning to Traffic Maneuvers” Proceedings of the 1997 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robot and Systems. Grenoble, France, 1997-03
- Li H., Guo K., Song X., Li F., “Trajectory planning of automatic parallel parking with multi-constraints based on Matlab” Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology), 2013-01-0044
- Zhao Y., COLLINS E. “Robust automatic parallel parking in tight spaces via fuzzy logic” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2005-05-0051
- Chang S., Li J., “Design and implementation of fuzzy parallel parking control for a car-type mobile robot”. Journal of Intelligent & Robotic System, 2004-0034
- Wu B., Qian L., Yu M., Wu J., “path planning of automatic parallel parking based on RBF neural network” Journal of Hefei University of Technology. 2012-04-0035, doi: 10.3969/j.isn.1003-5060.2012.04.006
- Pohl J., Sethsson M., Degerman P., Larsson J. “A semi-automated parallel parking system for passenger cars” Part D: J. Automobile Engineering, 2006, Proc. IMechE Vol. 220: 53-65
- Zhao L., “The Method Research and Simulation of Parallel Parking” Chang’an University, Degree of Master
- Colyer R., Economou J., “Comparison of steering geometries for multi-wheeled vehicles by modelling and simulation” Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 1998-03: 3131 - 3133
- Sebastian T., Mike M., Hendrik D., et al. “Stanley The Robot that Won the DARPA Grand Challenge” Journal of Field Robotics, 2006-0023(9): 661-692, doi: 10.1002/rob
- Chen Q., Ozuguner U., Redill K., “Ohio State University at the 2004 DARPA Grand Challenge: Developing a Completely Autonomous Vehicle” IEEE Intelligent Systems, 2004-10
- Cem H., Ozguner U., Keith A., Redmill., “Automated Lane Change Controller Design” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation System, 2003-04(1): 13-22
- Kristijian M., Roland P., Roland S., “Path Following for Autonomous Vehicle Navigation with Inherent Safety and Dynamic Margin” IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium. USA: IEEE. 2008: 108-113, doi: 10.1109/IVS.2008.4621276
- Patrik Z., Martin B., Andreas K., “Optimisation based path planning for car parking in narrow environments”, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 79 (2016) 1-11.
- Lv Z., Zhao L. and Liu Z., “A path-planning algorithm for parallel automatic parking”, 2013 Third International Conference on Instrumentation, Measurement, Computer, Communication and Control, 2013
- Maekawa T., Noda T., Tamura S., Ozaki T., Machida K.-i., Curvature continuous path generation for autonomous vehicle using B-spline curves, Comput.-Aided Des. 42 (4) (2010) 350-359.
- Gómez-Bravo F., Cuesta F., Ollera A., Viguria A., Continuous curvature path generation based on β-spline curves for parking manoeuvres, Robot. Auton. Syst. 56 (4) (2008) 360-372.
- Pérez J., Godoy J., Vallagrá J., Onieva E., Trajectory generator for autonomous vehicles in urban environments, in: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe, Germany, May 2013, pp. 409-414.
- Ge S.S., Lai X.-C., Mamun A.A., Sensor-based path planning for nonholonomic mobile robots subject to dynamic constraints, Robot. Auton. Syst. 55 (7) (2007) 513-526.
- Demirli K., Khoshnejad. M., “Autonomous parallel parking of a car-like mobile robot by a neuro-fuzzy sensor-based controller”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 160(2009)2876-2891, doi: 10.1016/j.fss.2009.01.019
- Li B., Zhang Y. and Shao Z., “Time-Optimal Maneuver Planning in Automatic Parallel Parking Using a Simultaneous Dynamic Optimization Approach”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS, 17(2016)11, doi: 10.1109/TITS.2016.2546386