This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Real-Time Estimation of Radar Cross Section for ADAS Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper proposes a Real-Time Estimation of Radar Cross Section for ADAS Simulation, aimed to enable math-based virtual development and test of ADAS. The electromagnetic scattering mechanism is firstly analyzed with targets to be typical objects in traffic. Then a geometric model is developed, in which the object surfaces are divided into multiple scattering zones corresponding to different scattering mechanism. According to different surface curvature radius and scattering mechanism, the scattering zones are approximately equivalent to plane, cylinder, sphere and so on. Using the ARD model based on an improved physical optics and diffraction theory, RCS value of a zone is estimated. Then the RCS of the object surface is obtained by vector superposition of all zones. Some typical simulation comparisons are carried out, which proves the practicability of our method.
CitationLi, X. and Deng, W., "Real-Time Estimation of Radar Cross Section for ADAS Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0028, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0028.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Crispin J W, Maffett A L. Radar cross section estimation for simple shapes [J]. IEEE, 1965, 53(8): 833-848.
- Runa, Y. Radar Cross Section and Stealth Technology, Defense Industry Press, 1998.
- Skolnik M L. Radar Handbook Third Edition[M]Publishing House of Electronic Industry, 2010:245~255.
- Siegel K M, Bowman. Method of Radar Cross Section Analysis[M]. New York: Corporation Academic Press, 1968.
- Rius J M. High-frequency RCS of complex radar targets in real-time [J]. IEEE Trans AP,1993.