This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Integrated Approach Enabling Cross-Domain Simulation of Model-Based E/E-Architectures
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The increasing complexity of electric/electronic architectures (EEA) in the automotive domain raised the necessity of model-based development processes for the design of such heterogeneous systems, which combine different engineering principles with different viewpoints. High-level simulation is a great means to evaluate the EEA in the concept phase of the design, since it reduces costly real-world experiments. However, model-based EEA design and analysis as well as its simulation are often separate processes in the development lifecycle. In this paper, we present a novel approach that extends state-of-the-art model-based systems engineering principles of EEA by a behavior specification reusing library components. The specification is seamlessly integrated in the development process of a single source EEA model. Therewith, the starting point is the abstract logical function architecture of the EEA. Based on this single source EEA model we synthesize a unified high-level simulation model, which is capable of linking the behavioral model with lower level implementation details of other domains, e.g. the network communication of the underlying hardware topology. This cross-layer simulation enables an early but holistic system’s behavior analysis of the dynamic changes which typically depend on the scenarios applied. Moreover, the integrated approach enables the potential to feedback the simulation results into suitable EEA metrics and benchmarks for further analysis and optimization as well as the seamless traceability of the behavioral specification to requirements and other abstraction layers. A driver assistance system use case demonstrates the proof-of-concept and the benefits of our methodology.
CitationBucher, H., Reichmann, C., and Becker, J., "An Integrated Approach Enabling Cross-Domain Simulation of Model-Based E/E-Architectures," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0006, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0006.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
- Buckl C. et al., "The software car: Building ICT architectures for future electric vehicles," in Electric Vehicle Conference (IEVC), 2012 IEEE International, March 2012, pp. 1-8.
- Bapp, F., Sander, O., Sandmann, T., Vu Duy, V. et al., "Adapting Commercial Off-The-Shelf Multicore Processors for Safety-Related Automotive Systems Using Online Monitoring," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0280, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-0280.
- Voigt K.I., Industrielles Management - Industriebetriebslehre aus prozessorientierter Sicht. Berlin Heidelberg, Germany: Springer Verlag, 2008.
- OMG. Systems Modeling Language SysML®, formal/2015-06-03. [Online]. http://www.omg.org/spec/SysML/1.4/PDF
- OMG. UML Profile for MARTE: Modeling and Analysis of Real-time and Embedded Systems, formal/2011-06-02. [Online]. http://www.omg.org/spec/MARTE/1.1/PDF
- Matheis J., "Abstraktionsebenenübergreifende Darstellung von Elektrik/Elektronik-Architekturen in Kraftfahrzeugen zur Ableitung von Sicherheitszielen nach ISO 26262," Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Ph.D. thesis ISBN: 978-3-8322-8968-3, 2010.
- EAST-ADL Association. (2016) EAST-ADL Association. [Online]. http://www.east-adl.info/Specification/V2.1.12/EAST-ADL-Specification_V2.1.12.pdf
- AUTOSAR. AUTOSAR 4.2 (Automotive Open System Architecture) Specifications. [Online]. http://www.autosar.org
- The Mathworks, Inc. Simulink 2016. [Online]. http://www.mathworks.com/products/simulink/
- Modelica Association. Modelica Standard Library. [Online]. https://modelica.org/libraries/Modelica/
- Eker J. et al., "Taming Heterogeneity-The Ptolemy Approach," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 91, No. 1, pp. 127-144, 2003.
- Derler P., Lee E. A., and Sangiovanni-Vincentelli A., "Modeling Cyber-Physical Systems," Proceedings of the IEEE (special issue on CPS), vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 13-28, January 2012. [Online]. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2011.2160929
- Lee E.A. and Sangiovanni-Vincentelli A.L., "Component-based design for the future," in Design, Automation Test in Europe Conference Exhibition (DATE), 2011, March 2011, pp. 1-5.
- Ptolemaeus C., System Design, Modeling, and Simulation using Ptolemy II.: Ptolemy.org, 2014. [Online]. http://ptolemy.org/books/Systems
- Vector Informatik GmbH, "PREEvision Version 7.5 Manual," 2016.
- Halbach, S., Sharer, P., Pagerit, S., Rousseau, A. et al., "Model Architecture, Methods, and Interfaces for Efficient Math-Based Design and Simulation of Automotive Control Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0241, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-0241.
- Weiss G., Zeller M., Eilers D., and Knorr R., "Approach for Iterative Validation of Automotive Embedded Systems," in Models 2010 ACES-MB Workshop Proceedings, 2010, pp. 69–83.
- Marinescu R. et al., "Analyzing Industrial Architectural Models by Simulation and Model-Checking," in Formal Techniques for Safety-Critical Systems.: Springer International Publishing, 2015, vol. 476, pp. 189-205. [Online]. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-17581-2_13
- Weissnegger R. et al., "Simulation-based Verification of Automotive Safety-critical Systems Based on EAST-ADL," Procedia Computer Science, vol. 83, pp. 245-252, 2016. [Online]. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2016.04.122
- IEEE, "IEEE Standard for Standard SystemC Language Reference Manual," IEEE Std 1666-2011 (Revision of IEEE Std 1666-2005, pp. 1-638, Jan. 2012. [Online]. http://standards.ieee.org/getieee/1666/download/1666-2011.pdf
- IEEE, "IEEE Standard for Standard SystemC-Analog/Mixed-Signal Extensions Language Reference Manual," IEEE Std 1666.1-2016, 2016. [Online]. http://standards.ieee.org/getieee/1666_1/download/1666_1-2016.pdf
- Wan J., Canedo A., and Faruque M. A.A., "Functional Model-Based Design Methodology for Automotive Cyber-Physical Systems," IEEE Systems Journal, vol. PP, no. 99, pp. 1-12, 2015.
- LMS Imagine.Lab. AMESim 2016. [Online]. http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/lms/imagine-lab/amesim
- Gebauer D., Matheis J., Kühl M., and Müller-Glaser K. D., "Integrierter, graphisch notierter Ansatz zur Bewertung von Elektrik/Elektronik- Architekturen im Fahrzeug," in Moderne Elektronik im Kraftfahrzeug, IV.: HDT (Haus der Technik), 2009, ch. 2.1, pp. 49-62.
- Lee E. A., Neuendorffer S., and Wirthlin M. J., "Actor-Oriented Design Of Embedded Hardware And Software Systems," Journal of Circuits, Systems, and Computers, vol. 12, pp. 231-260, 2003.
- Lee E. A. and Tripakis S., "Modal Models in Ptolemy," in Proceedings of 3rd International Workshop on Equation-Based Object-Oriented Modeling Languages and Tools (EOOLT 2010), October 2010, pp. 11-22.
- Liu X., Xiong Y., and Lee E. A., "The Ptolemy II Framework for Visual Languages," in Proceedings of the IEEE 2001 Symposia on Human Centric Computing Languages and Environments (HCC'01), Washington, DC, USA, 2001, p. 50.
- Davare A. et al., "A Next-Generation Design Framework for Platform-based Design," in DVCon 2007, February 2007. [Online]. http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/pubs/228.html
- Treiber M., Hennecke A., and Helbing D., "Congested Traffic States in Empirical Observations and Microscopic Simulations," Physical Rev. E, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 1805-1824, 2000. [Online]. https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.62.1805
- Roth C. et al., "A Simulation Tool Chain for Investigating Future V2X-based Automotive E/E-Architectures," in 7th European Congress on Embedded Real-Time Software and Systems (ERTS2), Toulouse, France, 2014, pp. 1739-1748.
- Bucher H., Klimm A., Sander O., and Becker J., "Power Estimation of an ECDSA Core Applied in V2X Scenarios Using Heterogeneous Distributed Simulation," in 2015 IEEE/ACM 19th International Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT), Chengdu, China, October 2015, pp. 187-194. [Online]. https://doi.org/10.1109/DS-RT.2015.35
- Bucher H. et al., "A V2X Message Evaluation Methodology and Cross-Domain Modelling of Safety Applications in V2X-enabled E/E-Architectures," EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety, vol. 16, no. 8, 2016. [Online]. http://dx.doi.org/10.4108/eai.24-8-2015.2261038