This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Objective Vehicle Comfort Verification About Ride Smoothness Based on Psychophysics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 25, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of the theme developed in this work is to increase the volume of information related to vehicle evaluation and how human perception can be translated into numbers, thus facilitating the process of definitions, refinement and analysis of its performance.
Based on the discipline of psychophysics, where it is possible to study the relationship between stimulus and sensation and the use of post processing tool known as PSD (Power Spectral Density), post process the acceleration data of inputs perceived by the occupants of the vehicle, when driving in routes considered ergodic. By this, in a summarized way, get to human subjective perception of comfort. This material shows in a conceptual way a sequence of studies that were conducted to make it possible, to generate a performance classification of the subjective vehicle attribute of Smoothness, by processing values of acceleration measured the driver's seat. From previous information was generated a curve of human perception and after this, several vehicles were measured and analyzed by the calculation model described, by this way allowing measure and classify various vehicles, permitting optimize analysis and time.
Activities related to advanced studies / concept can benefit from the studies, since it is possible to conduct measurements and get an impression of comfort behavior in a short time, allowing better characterization of the vehicle in situations that do not allow a detailed analysis by experts and complete data acquisition procedure.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Subjective Rating Scale for Vehicle Ride and Handling|
|Journal Article||Research on Driving Posture Comfort Based on Relation between Drivers' Joint Angles and Joint Torques|
|Technical Paper||Using Modern Technology to Improve Truck Seating|
CitationGanzarolli, F., Souza, S., and Dos Santos, J., "Objective Vehicle Comfort Verification About Ride Smoothness Based on Psychophysics," SAE Technical Paper 2016-36-0196, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-36-0196.
- Kim , M. S. , Kim K. W. , Yoo W. S. Method to objectively evaluate subjective ratings of ride comfort 18 April 2011 Pusan National University Busan 609-735, Korea
- SAE Subjective Rating Scale for Evaluation of Noise and Ride Comfort, J1060 SAE 1998
- Ganzarolli , F. 2012 Influence of ride frequencies in vehicle comfort and stability at linear range of driving São Carlos 2012 Dissertation (master degree) Engineering School of São Carlos, São Paulo University
- Fechner , G. T. Elements of Psychophysics York University Toronto http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Fechner/
- Gescheider , George A. Psychophysics: The Fundamentals Psychology Press 3 May 1 1997 0-8058-2281-X
- ISO 2631 Human exposure to whole body vibration
- Milliken , W. F. , Milliken D. L. Race Car Vehicle Dynamics 890 SAE R-146 978-0-7680-1127-2
- Neisser , U. Cognitive psychology 1970 Appleton-Century-Crofts New York