This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Brake Flexible Dynamic Analysis Attached to McPherson Suspension, Optimizing the Input Parameters in IPS Cable Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 25, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The high level of reliability of virtual analysis for suspension system development should not be thinking only for comfort and performance purpose, considering the `growing number of failures due to the touch between components in dynamic condition.
The study establishes a simple and optimized methodology, able to predict more accurately the flexible brake hose path subject to the steering motion and associates with the independent suspension course, aiming the best route in order to achieve a low cost and robust design.
In turn, the flexible brake hose non-linear model invalidates the multibody study to get the best route. However, with the aid of motion making use of NX9  CAD  software was prepared dynamic movement that subjects front independent suspension system that establishes a Cartesian routine that maps 977 points, much higher than 9 points from previous studies, comprising a more accurate path performed by the hose.
This data served as input to the IPS  software for the construction of flexible model to be simulated, were assigned mechanical and geometrical properties for each component.
Finally, it was set to IPS software the dynamic suspension system routine, thus yielding the flexible brake hose behavior under certain circumstances, verifying the effectiveness of the component to the package requirements, avoiding undesired dynamic interference and early degradation of the flexible element.
CitationMayer, P., Petronilho, A., Tognolli, A., Batista, F. et al., "Brake Flexible Dynamic Analysis Attached to McPherson Suspension, Optimizing the Input Parameters in IPS Cable Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2016-36-0157, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-36-0157.
- Tognolli , A. , Silva , J. , Martinez , E. , Batista , F. et al. Methodology for the Analysis of Virtual Deformation of Flexible Elements Associated with the Engine Displacement SAE Technical Paper 2015-36-0171 2015 10.4271/2015-36-0171
- Hermann T. , Patil L. , Srinivas L. , Murthy K. , Dutta D. A Search-Based Approach for Prediction of Flexible Hose Shapes SAE Technical Paper 2012 10.1115/IMECE2012-88012
- Manach P.Y. Mechanical behavior of fabric-reinforced elastomer straight flexible hoses aUniversit´e Europ´eenne de Bretagne, LIMATB, Universit´e de Bretagne-Sud Lorient, France 18 August 2008 17 October 2008
- SAE International Standard J1401_201302 Road Vehicle - Hydraulic Brake Hose Assemblies for Use with Nonpetroleum-Base Hydraulic Fluids
- Caruso , J. G. Desenvolvimento numérico-experimental de corpos de prova aplicáveis a ensaios de tração, compressão e torção de polímeros Centro Universitário da Fei - São Bernardo do Campo Brasil 2015