This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Control System of Ignition, Injection and Throttle Valve for Operating a Diesel Engine with Ethanol
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 25, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the physical adjustments and the incorporation of a control system to injection, ignition and throttle valve parameters for operation of a diesel engine with 100% hydrous ethanol. The control system of the aforementioned parameters integrates three dependent subsystems. The control systems of the throttle valve opening, fuel injection and ignition timings have the purpose to reduce cylinder pressure, control engine speed and the combustion process. The signals generated depend on engine speed and knock sensors, which are operated by microcontrollers programmed in Assembly and C language. The measured parameters during engine operation are relative humidity, temperature in different engine locations, fuel consumption and intake air mass flow rate. The data collected are monitored by a software developed in LabVIEW platform. The software also controls the load applied at each engine operating condition.
- João Rodolfo Januário - Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais
- Thales Fillipe Policarpo de Oliveira - Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais
- Felipe Debian Andrade - Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais
- André Marcelino - Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais
- Alex de Oliveira - Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais
- José Ricardo Sodré - Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais
CitationJanuário, J., de Oliveira, T., Andrade, F., Marcelino, A. et al., "Control System of Ignition, Injection and Throttle Valve for Operating a Diesel Engine with Ethanol," SAE Technical Paper 2016-36-0110, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-36-0110.
- NOGUCHI , Noboru ; TERAO , Hideo ; SAKATA , Chikanori Performance improvement by control of flow rates and diesel injection timing on dual-fuel engine with ethanol Bioresource Technology 1996 56 35 39
- AMORIM , Rogério Analysis of the increase in volumetric compression ratio of an engine for improvement flexible flex performance Master's dissertation Federal University of Minas Gerais. School of Engineering UFMG . Graduate Program in Mechanical Engineering Belo Horizonte 2005
- BIDAN , Pierre ; BOVERIE , Serge ; CHAUMERLIAC , Vincent Nonlinear Control of a Spark-Ignition Engine IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology Março 1995 3 4 13
- WANG , Quandi ; ZHENG , Yali ; YU , Jihui ; JIA , Jin Circuit model and parasitic parameter extraction of the spark plug in the ignition system Turk J ElecEng& Comp Sci.2012 20 5 805 817
- EBRAHIMI , Behrouz ; TAFRESHI , Reza ; MASUDI , Houshang ; FRANCHEK , Matthew ; MOHAMMADPOUR , Javad ; GRIGORIADIS , Karolos A parameter varying filtered PID strategy for air-fuel ratio control of spark ignition engines Control Engineering Practice Maio 2012 20 805 815
- PREUSCHOFF , Claus Smart IGBT for Advanced Ignition Systems SAE World Congress Março 2001 2001-01-1220
- XU , Shanzhen ; WANG , Cheng ; DONG , Xuxu Study on the Engine Electronic Ignition System Based on SCM and LabVIEW Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology Maio 2013 5 17 4321 4328
- HEYWOOD , John B. Internal combustion engine fundamentals 1 New York McGraw-Hill, Inc. 1995 930
- VALENTE , Osmano Souza ; da Silva , Márcio José ; PASA , Vanya Márcia Duarte ; BELCHIOR , Carlos Rodrigues Pereira ; SODRÉ , José Ricardo Fuel consumption and emissions from a diesel power generator fuelled with castor oil and soybean biodiesel Fuel 89 3637 3642 2010
- MORAIS , André Marcelino ; JUSTINO , Marco Aurélio Mendes ; VALENTE , Osmano Souza ; HANRIOT , Sérgio de Morais ; SODRÉ , J. R. Hydrogen impacts on performance and CO 2 emissions from a diesel power generator International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 38 6857 6864 2013