This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Auxiliary Drive Control Strategy of Hydraulic Hub-Motor Auxiliary System for Heavy Truck
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 27, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To improve traditional heavy commercial vehicles performance, this paper introduces a novel hydraulic hub-motor auxiliary system, which could achieve auxiliary driving and auxiliary braking function. Firstly, the system configuration and operation modes are described. In order to achieve coordinating control and distribution of the engine power between mechanical and hydraulic paths, the paper proposes an optimal algorithm based on enhance of vehicle slip efficiency and the results show that displacement of hydraulic variable pump relates with the transmission gear ratio. And then the hydraulic pump displacement controller is designed, in which the feedforward and feedback strategy is adopted. Considering the characteristics of hydraulic hub-motor auxiliary system, a layered auxiliary drive control strategy is proposed in the paper, which includes signal layers, core control layers and executive layers. Finally, the simulation model is built in the MATLAB/Simulink and AMESim platform, and then the co-simulation is conducted to verify the proposed control strategy. Results show that the strategy could realize effective control and the traction force increased proportion can be up to 15.6∼17%, which would significantly improve the drivability and passing capacity of heavy truck.
CitationZeng, X., Li, G., Song, D., Li, S. et al., "Auxiliary Drive Control Strategy of Hydraulic Hub-Motor Auxiliary System for Heavy Truck," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-8113, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-8113.
- Xin Guan, Pingping Lu, Jun Zhan, et al. Modeling and Application of Powertrain Model for Multi-axle All-wheel-drive Vehicle. Automotive Engineering, 2011 (3): 183-187.
- Wenqi Hu, Ju Zhao. Four-wheel drive vehicles using characteristic analysis. Agricultural Machinery, 2000, 9: 067.
- Hui He. Study on modeling and control strategy of Hydraulic In-wheel Motor drive system for heavy truck. Master thesis, Jilin University, 2014.
- Hui He, Dafeng Song, Nannan Yang, et al. Control and simulation of hydraulic in-wheel motor propulsion system. Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition), 2012, 42 (S1) 27-31.
- Sheng Li, Dafeng Song, Xiaohua Zeng, et al. Modeling and simulation of hydraulic wheel motor propulsion system for heavy truck. Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery, 2012, 43(4) 10-14.
- Tao Liu, Jihai Jiang. Energy control strategy research of parallel hydraulic hybrid vehicle. Journal of Southeast University (Natural Science Edition), 2010 (1): 111-116.
- Bin Wu, Chanchiao Lin, Zoran Filipi, et al. Optimal power management for a hydraulic hybrid delivery truck. Vehicle System Dynamics, 2004, 42(1-2): 23-40.
- Han Dong, Xinhui Liu, Xin Wang, et al. Parallel hydraulic hybrid braking regenerative characteristics. Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition), 2014, 44(6) 1655-1663.
- Tao Liu, Jincheng Zheng, Yongmao Su, et al. A Study on Control Strategy of Regenerative Braking in the Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicle Based on ECE Regulations. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2013.
- Tao Liu, Jihai Jiang, Hui Sun. Research on regenerative braking control strategy for parallel hydraulic hybrid vehicles based on backward modeling. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2009, 20(15) 1880-1884.
- Xin Wang. Research on energy saving and control performances of wheel drive hydraulic hybrid vehicle. PhD thesis, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2010.