This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Case Study of an Electric-Hydraulic Hybrid Propulsion System for a Heavy Duty Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 27, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to improve efficiency and increase the operation of electric vehicles, assistive energy regeneration systems can be used. A hydraulic energy recovery system is modeled to be used as a regenerative system for supplementing energy storage for a pure electric articulated passenger bus. In this study a pump/motor machine is modeled to transform kinetic energy into hydraulic energy during braking, to move the hydraulic fluid from the low pressure reservoir to the hydraulic accumulator. The simulation of the proposed system was used to estimate battery savings. It was found that on average, approximately 39% of the battery charge can be saved when using a real bus driving cycle.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Vehicle Application Layer|
|Technical Paper||Development of Vehicle Power Connector Equipped with Outdoor Power Outlet Using Vehicle Inlet of Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle|
|Technical Paper||Traction Battery and Battery Control Unit Development|
CitationLeon, J., Garcia, J., Acero, M., Gonzalez, A. et al., "Case Study of an Electric-Hydraulic Hybrid Propulsion System for a Heavy Duty Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-8112, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-8112.
- Guzzella L. and Sciarretta. A. Vehicle Propulsion Systems Zürich Springer 2007
- Hewko L. O. and Weber. T. R. Hydraulic Energy Storage Based Hybrid Propulsion System for a Terrestrial Vehicle Proceedings of the Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference Reno, USA 1990
- Mohaghegh-Motlagh A. and Elahinia M. Dynamic force profile in hydraulic hybrid vehicles: a Numerical investigation Vehicle System Dynamics 48 405 418 2009
- Wu B. , Lin C.-C. , Filipi Z. , Peng H. and Assanis D. Optimal Power Management for a Hydraulic Hybrid Delivery Truck Vehicle System Dynamics 42 23 40 2004
- Bender F. , Bosse T. and Sawodny O. An investigation on the fuel savings potential of hybrid hydraulic refuse collection vehicles Waste Management 2014
- Mendel J. Fuzzy Logic Systems for Engieneering: A Tutorial Proceedings of the IEEE 345 377 1995
- Ou S. , Zhou Y. , Lian J. , Jia P. and Tian B. Development of hybrid city bus's driving cycle 2011 International Conference on Electric Information and Control Engineering (ICEICE) Wuhan 2011
- Belalcazar L. C. , Acevedo H. and Rojas. N. Construcción de ciclos de conducción de Bogotá para la estimación de factores de emisión vehiculares y consumos de combustible Bogotá Universidad Nacional de Colombia 2013
- Niu1 G. , Shang F. , Krishnamurthy M. , and Garcia. Jose M Sizing and Evaluation of Electric-Hydraulic Hybrid Powertrain in Electric Vehicles Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC) 2015 IEEE