This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Autonomous Driving in Agriculture Leading to Autonomous Worksite Solutions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 27, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A transformation of agriculture reached commercial reality at the beginning of this century as automated steering of agricultural machine systems increased the productivity and convenience in crop production systems. Following guidance, additional technologies have resulted in increasing optimized machine productivity. Today, integrated worksite solutions through machine and information management continues to transform agriculture. This is the precursor to autonomous worksite solutions that lead to the optimization of the worksite ecosystem. This paper will review the progress from the perspective of the customer value provided by increasing automated systems and the industry execution of autonomous driving technologies and will enable the pathways to autonomous worksites.
|Journal Article||Timing Evaluation in E/E Architecture Design at BMW|
|Technical Paper||Total Productive Maintenance|
|Technical Paper||Digital Manufacturing: The Digital Tapestry|
CitationReid, J., Moorehead, S., Foessel, A., and Sanchez, J., "Autonomous Driving in Agriculture Leading to Autonomous Worksite Solutions," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-8006, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-8006.
- Willrodt , F.L. Steering attachment for tractors US Patent No. 1506706 1924
- Sissons , R. Plowing in circles saves time Prairie Farmer 111 20 7 1939
- Jahns , G. Possibilities for producing course signals for the automatic steering of farm vehicles Automatic Guidance of FarmVehicles: A Monograph Young Roy E. Auburn Agricultural Experiment Station Auburn, AL 3 8 1976
- Reid , J. and Searcy , S. An Algorithm for Computer Vision Sensing of a Row Crop Guidance Directrix SAE Technical Paper 911752 1991 10.4271/911752
- Ollis , M. , and Stentz , A. Vision-based Perception for an Automated Harvester IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems 1997
- Pfeiffer , Dohn and Blank , Sebastian Real-time Operator Performance Analysis in Agricultural Equipment LAND.TECHNIK Sg Eng 2015
- Oksanen , Timo , Visala , Arto Coverage Planning for Agricultural Field Machines Journal of Field Robotics 26 8 2009 10.1002/rob.20300
- Moorehead , S. , Wellington , C. , Gilmore , B , and Vallespi , C. Automating Orchards: A System of Autonomous Tractors for Orchard Maintenance IEEE/RSJ Int Conf on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Workshop on Agricultural Robots 2012
- Blackmore , S. , Fountas , S. , Vougioukas S. et al A Method to Define Agricultural Robot Behaviors Automation Technology for Off-Road Equipment ASAE 2004