This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Multi-Domain Modelling of 3 Phase Voltage Source Converters in Modelica Language
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 20, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper will present a multi-domain (electrical and thermal) model of a three phase voltage source converter and its implementation in Modelica language. An averaged model is utilised for the electrical domain, and a power balance method is used for linking the DC and AC sides. The thermal domain focuses in deriving the converter losses by deriving the analytical equations of the space vector modulation to derive a function for the duty cycle of each converter leg. With this, the conduction and switching losses are calculated for the individual switches and diodes, without having to model their actual switching behaviour. The model is very fast to simulate, as no switching events are needed, and allows obtaining the simulation of the electrical and thermal behaviour in the same simulation package..
CitationLoewenherz, R., Gonzalez-Espin, F., Albiol-Tendillo, L., Valdivia-Guerrero, V. et al., "Multi-Domain Modelling of 3 Phase Voltage Source Converters in Modelica Language," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-2029, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-2029.
- Fritzson P. and Engelson V. Modelica - A unified object-oriented language for system modeling and simulation, ECOOP’98 - Object-Oriented Programming: 12th European Conference Brussels, Belgium, July 20-24, 1998 Proceedings Jul E. Berlin, Heidelberg Springer Berlin Heidelberg 1998 67 90
- Fritzson P. Introduction to modeling and simulation of technical and physical systems with Modelica John Wiley & Sons 2011
- v. d. Broeck H. W. , Skudelny H. C. , and Stanke G. V. Analysis and realization of a pulsewidth modulator based on voltage space vectors, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 24 142 150 1988
- Erickson R. W. and Maksimovic D. Fundamentals of Power Electronics 2nd 2001
- Gonzalez-Medina R. , Gonzalez-Espin F. , Figueres E. , Garcera G. , and Carranza O. Estudio comparativo e implementacion en dispositivos FPGA de Modulaciones en el Espacio Vectorial (SVM) para inversores trifasicos de 2 niveles, Seminario Anual de Automatica, Electronica Industrial e Instrumentacion Cartagena 2008
- Infineon AN2008-03: Thermal equivalent circuit models 2008