This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Research of Micro EV Driven by In-Wheel Motors on Rear Axle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 18, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As is known to all, the structure of the chassis has been greatly simplified as the application of in-wheel motor in electric vehicle (EV) and distributed control is allowed. The micro EV can alleviate traffic jams, reduce the demand for motor and battery capacity due to its small size and light weight and accordingly solve the problem that in-wheel motor is limited by inner space of the wheel hub. As a result, this type of micro EV is easier to be recognized by the market.
In the micro EV above, two seats are side by side and the battery is placed in the middle of the chassis. Besides, in-wheel motors are mounted on the rear axle and only front axle retains traditional hydraulic braking system. Based on this driving/braking system, distribution of braking torque, system reliability and braking intensity is analyzed in this paper. In order to coordinate with traditional hydraulic ABS control to ensure the braking stability of the vehicle, model following control (MFC) is adopted to fully utilize the fast and accurate torque response of motor for slip prevention and control effect influenced by characteristics of motor is analyzed. In conclusion, only simple and minor changes have been made to the braking system of traditional vehicle which makes the micro EV cost less and easier to popularize.
|Technical Paper||Mechanical Design of In-Wheel Motor Driven Vehicles with Torque-Vectoring|
|Journal Article||The Safety and Dynamic Performance of Blended Brake System on a Two-Speed DCT Based Battery Electric Vehicle|
CitationZhuo, G., Zhang, S., and Xiong, K., "Design and Research of Micro EV Driven by In-Wheel Motors on Rear Axle," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1950, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1950.
- Gu Jing , Ouyang Minggao , Lu Languang and Li Jianqiu Parameters Selection of a Micro EV Driven by In-wheel Motors China Journal of Highway and Transport 2013 01 177 183
- Gu Jing , Ouyang Minggao , Lu Languang and Li Jianqiu System Configuration and Key Parameters Design of a Micro EV Automotive Engineering 2013 01 7 12
- Wang Xiaofeng Automotive Chassis Design Tsinghua University Press 402 473 2010
- ADVISOR Documentation
- Mitschke Manfred , and Wallentowitz Henning Vehicle Dynamics Tsinghua University Press 155 209 2009
- Lin Zhixuan Analysis of factors influencing brake pedal feeling and research on identification of brake intention Tongji University 1 13 20 38 2007
- Wang Changzai Research on Coordination Control of Regenerative Braking and Anti-lock Braking System Tongji University 42 58 2013
- Sakai Shin-ichiro , and Hori Yoichi Advantage of Electric Motor for Anti Skid Control of EV EPE Journal 11.4 2001 26 32
- Sakai Shin-ichiro , Kitagawa Kentaro , and Hori Yoichi Lateral Motion Stabilization of 4 Wheel-Motored EV Based on Wheel Skid Prevention Proceedings of 17
- Sakai Shin-ichiro , Okano Takahiro , Hwa Tai Chien , Uchida Toshiyuki et al. 4 Wheel Motored Vehicle” UOT Electric March II”-Experimental EV for Novel Motion Control Studies Proc. of INTERMAC2001 Joint Technical Conference Tokyo, Japan 2001