This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Applying Complex Turbulent Cross-Correlation Function to an SEA Side Glass to Predict Interior Wind Noise
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 15, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 9th International Styrian Noise, Vibration & Harshness Congress: The European Automotive Noise Conference
This paper presents new advances in predicting wind noise contribution to interior SPL in the framework of the Wind Noise German Working Group composed of Audi, Daimler, Porsche and VW. In particular, a new approach was developed that allows to fully describe the wind noise source using CFD generated surface pressure distribution and its cross-correlation function and apply this source on an SEA side glass. This new method removes the need to use a diffuse acoustic field or several plane waves with various incidence angle to approximate the correct acoustics source character to apply on the SEA side glass. This new approach results are compared with results previously published which use more deterministic methods to represent the side glass and the interior of a vehicle.
CitationBlanchet, D., Alimonti, L., and Golota, A., "Applying Complex Turbulent Cross-Correlation Function to an SEA Side Glass to Predict Interior Wind Noise," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1830, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1830.
- DeJong , R. , Bharj , T. , and Lee , J. Vehicle Wind Noise Analysis Using a SEA Model with Measured Source Levels SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1629 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1629
- DeJong , R. , Bharj , T. , and Booz , G. Validation of SEA Wind Noise Model for a Design Change SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1552 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1552
- Peng , G. SEA Modeling of Vehicle Wind Noise and Load Case Representation SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2304 2007 10.4271/2007-01-2304
- Kralicek , J. , Blanchet , D. Windnoise: Coupling Wind Tunnel Test Data or CFD Simulation to Full Vehicle Vibro-Acoustic Models DAGA Düsseldorf, Germany 2011
- Blanchet , D. and Golota , A. Combining Modeling Methods to Accurately Predict Wind Noise Contribution SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2326 2015 10.4271/2015-01-2326
- Hartmann , M. , Ocker , J. , Lemke , T. , Mutzke , A. et al. Wind Noise caused by the A-pillar and the Side Mirror flow of a Generic Vehicle Model 18th AIAA/CEAS Aeroacoustics Conference Paper 2012-2205 Colorado Springs, USA 2012
- VA One 2016 The ESI Group http://www.esi-group.com
- Blanchet , D. FE/SEA Coupled 10 years after first implementation, Aachen Acoustic Colloquium Aachen, Germany 2014
- Shorter , P.J. and Langley , R.S. Vibro-acoustic analysis of complex systems Journal of Sound and Vibration 2004
- Shorter , P.J. , and Langley , R.S. On the reciprocity relationship between direct field radiation and diffuse reverberant loading JASA 117 85 95 2005
- Maury , C. , Gardonio , P. and Elliott , S.J. A wavenumber approach to modelling the response of a randomly excited panel, part i: General theory Journal of Sound and Vibration 252 1 83 113 2002
- Maury , C. , Gardonio , P. and Elliott , S.J. A wavenumber approach to modelling the response of a randomly excited panel, part ii: Application to aircraft panels excited by a turbulent boundary layer Journal of Sound and Vibration 252 1 115 139 2002