This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Method for Transposition of Dynamic Forces Generated by an Active Component from a Test Bench to a Vehicle: a New Standard
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 15, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 9th International Styrian Noise, Vibration & Harshness Congress: The European Automotive Noise Conference
The control of sound fields radiated by vibrating structures in a passenger compartment, (especially structures connected to different organs like the engine powertrain, the fan motor unit, seats, the steering column, electrical motors more and more, etc.) is among the functions of the automotive manufacturers. The absence of physical prototypes in the development phase systems led OEMs1 to use tests results obtained on benches following technical specifications from manufacturers. The transition "bench to vehicle" for vibro- acoustic behaviour sets many challenges that this standard intends to clear up.
This standard specifies the experimental method to transpose the dynamic forces generated by the global movements of an active component between the vehicle and a test bench. The efforts are first measured on test benches and then transposed from test bench towards the vehicle.
The standard is now a French standard (XP R 19-701) and is submitted to ISO process .
|Technical Paper||Design of Vehicle Air Conditioning Systems Using Heat Load Analysis|
|Technical Paper||Detection of Transient Noise of Car Interior Using Non-stationary Signal Analysis|
|Technical Paper||Passenger Car Ventilation by Design|
CitationCarniel, X. and Sanon, A., "Experimental Method for Transposition of Dynamic Forces Generated by an Active Component from a Test Bench to a Vehicle: a New Standard," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1800, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1800.
- X PR 19-701 Experimental method for transposition of dynamic forces generated by an active component from a test bench to a vehicle (French Standart)
- de Klerk D. , Rixen D.J. and Voormeeren S.N. General framework for dynamic substructuring: history, review and classification of techniques published for AIAA J. 46 8 2008 1169 1181
- van der Seijs Maarten V. , de Klerk Dennis and Rixen Daniel J. General framework for transfer path analysis: History, theory and classification of techniques published for MSSP 68-69 2016 217 244
- ISO 10 846 Laboratory measurement of vibro-acoustic transfer properties of resilient elements " to characterize the properties of the connection devices (isolators, …)
- Vaudelle , J. , Godard , F. , Odelot , F. , and Sanon , A. Wiper System Dynamic Forces: from the Test Bench to the Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1801