This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hydraulic Control of Integrated Electronic Hydraulic Brake System based on Command Feed-Forward
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With the development of vehicle electrification, electronic hydraulic brake system is gradually applied. Many companies have introduced products related to integrated electronic hydraulic brake system (I-EHB). In this paper, an I-EHB system is introduced, which uses the motor to drive the reduction mechanism as a power source for braking. The reduction mechanism is composed of a turbine, a worm, a gear and a rack. A control method based on command feed-forward is proposed to improve the hydraulic pressure control of I-EHB. Based on previous research, we simplify the system to first order system, and the theoretical design of the command feed-forward compensator is carried out. The feed-forward controller is applied, including the velocity feed-forward and the acceleration feed-forward, to improve the response speed and tracking effect of the system. Then, related experiments were carried out on test bench to track three different types of target signal (different amplitude and frequency), step signal, sine wave signal and triangular wave signal. Compared with the test result of PID control method, the proposed method has the advantages of fast response and short regulation time. And the Control error at low frequency of the method is about 2 bar - reduced by 56% compared with PID control. Therefore, this method can effectively control the Hydraulic pressure of integrated electronic hydraulic brake system.
CitationHuang, J., Xiong, L., Xu, S., and Yu, Z., "Hydraulic Control of Integrated Electronic Hydraulic Brake System based on Command Feed-Forward," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1658, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1658.
- Chen Y, Kong D., ’’Deutsche Industriepolitik für grüne Autos sowie ihre Aufschlüsse,“ Deutschland Studien, 2014(01):71-81
- Yi L, Chen S, Jun W, Zhongsheng R, ”Automotive By-Wire Control Technology and Development”, Automobile Technology, 2005(12):1-3, 43.
- Oshima, T., Fujiki, N., Nakao, S., Kimura, T. et al., "Development of an Electrically Driven Intelligent Brake System," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 4(1):399-405, 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-0568.
- Linkenbach S, Drumm S. BRAKE SYSTEM FOR MOTOR VEHICLES: Jun. 13, 2013.
- Yang Wang,” Simulation and Experiment Research on Dynamic Characteristic of Automobile EHB Hydraulic System,” Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2010.12
- Zhilin J, Lishu G, Ruikang S, et al.” Experimental Study on Dynamic Characteristics of Electro Hydraulic Brake System for Vehicle, Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 2012(12):127-132.
- Qian Liu,” The feature analysis of the ESC hydraulic control unit and hydraulic pressure control research [D],” Tongji University, 2014
- Xueling G, Xiong L, Xu S, et al. “Design and Experiment of Electro-Hydraulic Brake system [J].” Transportation Electrification Asia-Pacific (ITEC Asia-Pacific), 2014 IEEE Conference and Expo, 2014.
- Zhuoping Y, Songyun X, Xiong L, et al. “Control System of Integrated Electro-hydraulic Brake System Based on Chatter-compensation.” Journal of Tongji University (Natural Science) 2015(07):1063-1068
- Cheng M Y, Tsai M C, Chiu I F. “Design and implementation of command and friction feed-forward control for CNC motion controllers [J].” Control Theory and Applications, IEE Proceedings -, 2004, 151(1):13-20.
- Gangjun L,” Design of an Impulse Controller of Harmonic Drive based on Friction Model,” Journal of Mechanical Transmission, 2010(03):35-38.