This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Adjoint-Driven Aerodynamic Shape Optimization Based on a Combination of Steady State and Transient Flow Solutions
- Taeyoung Han - General Motors Co. ,
- Shailendra Kaushik - General Motors Co. ,
- Kenneth Karbon - General Motors Co. ,
- Benjamin Leroy - ICON Technology and Process Consulting ,
- Kyle Mooney - ICON Technology and Process Consulting ,
- Stamatina Petropoulou - ICON Technology and Process Consulting ,
- Jacques Papper - ICON Technology and Process Consulting
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Han, T., Kaushik, S., Karbon, K., Leroy, B. et al., "Adjoint-Driven Aerodynamic Shape Optimization Based on a Combination of Steady State and Transient Flow Solutions," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 9(2):695-709, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1599.
- Jameson , A. Aerodynamic Design via Control Theory in ICASE Rep. no. 88-64 1988
- Giles , M.B. and Pierce N.A. Adjoint Equations in CFD: Duality, Boundary Conditions and Solutions Behaviour AIAA Report 97-1850 1997
- Anderson , W.K. and Venkatakrishnan V. Aerodynamic Design Optimizations on Unstructured Grids with a Continuous Adjoint Formulation AIAA Paper 97-0643 1997
- Petropoulou S. Localised Adjoint Optimization - Better and Faster CFD-Driven Design NAFEMS Optimization for Industrial Applications Seminar Gaydon, UK March 2012
- Petropoulou S. Adjoint Solver Advances, Tailored to Automotive Applications Flow head Conference Munich, Germany 28th March 2012
- Palluch J. , Weickgenannt S. , Saroch M. (Friendship Systems, GER) , Leroy B. , Zimmer A. Design Studies and Optimization of Functional Surfaces utilizing Open Source CFD NAFEMS World Congress (NWC 2013) Salzburg, Austria 10th June 2013
- iconCFD® version 3.0.17 Technical User Guide ICON Technology & Process Consulting Ltd.
- ANSA version 15.2.3 User’s Guide BETA CAE Systems S.A. January 2015
- Petropoulou S. Industrial optimization solutions based on OPENFOAM®* Technologies ECCOMAS CFD Lisbon, Portugal June 2010
- Othmer , C. A Continuous Adjoint Formulation for the Computation of Topological and Surface Sensitivities of Ducted Flows Int J. Numer. Meth. Fluids 2008 58 861 877
- Shih , T.-H. , Liou , W.W. , Shabbir , A. , Yang , Z. , Zhu , J. 1995 A New k- Eddy-Viscosity Model for High Reynolds Number Turbulent Flows - Model Development and Validation Computers Fluids 24 3 227 238
- Blacha , T. , Gregersen , M.M. , Islam , M. , Bensler , H. 2015 Aerodynamic Vehicle Optimization using the Continuous Adjoint Method FKFS Conference Stuttgart, Germany 29th September 2015