This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on Vehicle Crash Pulse Severity in Frontal NCAP Tests
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this study, the available metrics to evaluate the crash pulse severity are reviewed and their assessability is investigated by using frontal New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) test data. Linear regression analysis and sled test simulations are conducted. In addition, a new approach is proposed to measure the crash pulse severity and restraint system performance separately and objectively.
|Technical Paper||Study of Muscle Activation of Driver’s Lower Extremity at the Collision Moment|
|Technical Paper||Automatic FEM Mesh Generation of 3D Mid-Surface and Solid CAD Model with Shape Recognition Technique|
CitationPark, C. and Kan, C., "A Study on Vehicle Crash Pulse Severity in Frontal NCAP Tests," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1536, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1536.
- Michie , J.D. Collision risk assessment based on occupant flail-space model Transportation Research Record 796 1 9 1981
- Kübler , L. , Gargallo , S. , and Elsäßer , K. Frontal crash pulse assessment with application to occupant safety ATZ worldwide 111 6 12 17 2009
- Song , S. , Kim , S. , and Bilkhu , S. Front Impact Pulse Severity Assessment Methodology SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1416 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1416
- Viano , D. and Arepally , S. Assessing the Safety Performance of Occupant Restraint Systems SAE Technical Paper 902328 1990 10.4271/902328
- Katoh H. , and Nakahama , R. A study on the ride-down evaluation Experimental Safety Vehicles, Proceeding of the 9th International Technical Conference on Experimental Safety Vehicles 190 195 1982
- Evans , N. , Furton , L. , and Cok , D. Occupant Energy Management Technique for Restraint System Analysis and Design -Theory and Validation SAE Technical Paper 922082 1992 10.4271/922082
- Bonello , K. Occupant Energy Management Technique for Restraint System Analysis and Design - Understanding the Physics of the System SAE Technical Paper 922083 1992 10.4271/922083
- Huang , M. , Laya , J. , and Loo , M. A Study on Ride-Down Efficiency and Occupant Responses in High Speed Crash Tests SAE Technical Paper 950656 1995 10.4271/950656
- Wu , J. , Nusholtz , G.S. , and Bilkhu , S. Optimization of vehicle crash pulses in relative displacement domain International Journal of Crashworthiness 7 4 397 414 2002
- Wu , J. , Bilkhu , S. , and Nusholtz , G. An Impact Pulse-Restraint Energy Relationship and Its Applications SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0505 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0505
- Gabauer , D.J. Predicting occupant injury with vehicle-based injury in roadside crashes Dissertation Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 2008