This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Research on the Prediction of Door Opening by the Inertia Effect during a Side Impact Crash
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this study is to develop a dynamic model that can accurately predict the motion of the door handle and counterweight during side impact crash tests. The door locking system, mainly composed of the door outside handle and door latch, is theoretically modeled, and it is assumed that the door outer panel can rotate and translate in all three directions during a side impact crash. Additionally, the numerical results are compared with real crash video footage, and satisfactory qualitative agreement is found. Finally, the simplified test rig that efficiently reflects the real crash test is introduced, and its operation is analyzed.
|Technical Paper||Design of Bumper Beam Structure for Pedestrian Protection and Low Speed Bumper Impact(ECE-R42).|
|Technical Paper||Design Study of Lightweight Automatic Transmission Parts for Vehicles Using Level Set-Based Topology Optimization|
CitationKwak, K., Seo, S., Potekin, R., Blanchard, A. et al., "A Research on the Prediction of Door Opening by the Inertia Effect during a Side Impact Crash," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1532, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1532.
- Jankowski , K. , Mitura , A. , and Warminski , J. Investigation of Crash Impact Induced Oscillatory Response of Elements of Automotive Latch Systems SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1161 2010 10.4271/2010-01-1161
- Aekbote , K. , Jadhav , N. , Craig , R. , Maltarich , M. et al. Simulation of Outer Door Handle and Latch Responses in Side Impact using Component Test Methodology SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0712 2007 10.4271/2007-01-0712
- Ginsberg Jerry H. Advanced Engineering Dynamics 2 nd Cambridge 1998
- Beer Ferdinand P. Vector Mechanics for Engineers: Statics & Dynamics 7 th McGrawHill
- Dara Childs W. Dynamics in Engineering Practice 4 th Wiley
- Rudra Pratap Getting Started with MATLAB, A Quick Introduction for Scientists and Engineers Oxford 2002
- Rao Singiresu S. Mechanical Vibrations 5 th SI units Pearson 2011
- Ginsberg Jerry H. Mechanical and Structural Vibrations Wiley 2001