This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design Optimization of Crankshaft Bearing Based on Crankshaft-Bearing System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In current design optimization of engine crankshaft bearing, only the crankshaft bearing is considered as the studying object. However, the corresponding relations of major structure dimensions exist between the crankshaft and the crankshaft bearing in engine, and there are the interaction effects between the crankshaft and the crankshaft bearing during the operation of engine. In this paper, the crankshaft-bearing system of a four-cylinder engine is considered as the studying object, the multi-objective design optimization of crankshaft bearing is developed. The crankshaft mass and the total frictional power loss of crankshaft bearings are selected as the objective functions in the design optimization of crankshaft bearing. The Particle Swarm Optimization algorithm is used in the optimization calculation. The optimization results are compared to the ones of original engine design and the single-objective design optimization of crankshaft bearing. The results show that the total frictional power loss of crankshaft bearing and the crankshaft mass are decreased respectively by 26.2% and 5.3% by the multi-objective design optimization of crankshaft bearing, which are more reasonable than the ones of single-objective design optimization in which only the crankshaft bearing is considered as the studying object.
|Journal Article||Investigating the Potential to Reduce Crankshaft Main Bearing Friction During Engine Warm-up by Raising Oil Feed Temperature|
|Technical Paper||The Importance of Crankshaft Surface Texture to Bearing System Reliability|
CitationHuang, B., Sun, J., Wang, H., Zhao, X. et al., "Design Optimization of Crankshaft Bearing Based on Crankshaft-Bearing System," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1388, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1388.
- Sun , J. , Fu , Y. H. , Deng , M. et al. Study on Design Optimization of a Crankshaft Bearing Considering Crankshaft Strength for an Internal Combustion Engine Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology 223 919 924 2009
- Morais , L. and Ferreira , L. A. Journal Bearings Optimization for Mass Balancing Systems Used in Internal Combustion Engines Industrial Lubrication and Tribology 589 295 302 2006
- Mikulec , A. , Reams , L. , Chottiner , J. , Page , R. et al. Cranktrain Component Conceptual Design and Weight Optimization SAE Technical Paper 980566 1998 10.4271/980566
- Sun , J. , zhao , X. , and Wang , H. Lubrication Analysis of Crankshaft Bearing Considering Crankshaft Deformation SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0613 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0613
- Li , Z. G. Bearing of Internal Combustion Engine Shanghai Shanghai Jiao Tong University Press (Chinese) 2003
- Sun , J. , Wang , J. F. and Gui , C. L. Whole Crankshaft Beam-Element Finite Element Method for Calculating Crankshaft Deformation and Bearing Load of Engine Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology 224 299 303 2010
- Sun , J. and Gui , C. L. Effect of Lubrication Status of Bearing on Crankshaft Strength Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Tribology 129 887 894 2007
- Kennedy , J. and Eberhart , R. C. Particle Swarm Optimization IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Network Perth, WA, Australia 1942 1948 1995
- Chen , G. M. , Jia , J. Y. and Han , Q. Study on the Strategy of Decreasing Inertia Weight in Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm Journal of Xi’An JiaoTong University (Chinese) 40 53 56 2006
- Wang , D. W. and Wang , J. W. Intelligent Optimization Algorithms Beijing Higher Education Press (Chinese) 2007