This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
One Click: Multipart CAD to 3D Mesh
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The manual or semi-automatic preparation of triangular and tetrahedral meshes for simulations is a very time-consuming task. The mesh preprocessing software MERGE however masters this task fully automatically and in a considerably shorter timeframe. It takes CAD or STL data as input, repairs invalid meshes and connects them together. The small gaps between the input objects are automatically closed and even glancing intersections can be cut off. The output can be supplied in different variations, either as a mesh that minimizes the number of elements, as a mesh consisting of high-quality surface triangles, or as a conforming tetrahedral mesh, while all of these possibilities are suitable for CFD or CAE simulations. Connecting the meshes of an entire car body can be done in (as little as) a few hours and does not require any manual work.
|Technical Paper||Vehicle Glass Design Optimization Using a CFD/SEA Model|
|Technical Paper||NAGREMA - A Simulation Environment for Accessory Drive Optimization|
|Technical Paper||Morphing and Parametrization Technologies for CFD Applications|
CitationSchifko, M., Steiner, H., and Kornberger, B., "One Click: Multipart CAD to 3D Mesh," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1364, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1364.
- Luis Ayuso , Herbert Jordan , Thomas Fahringer , Bernhard Kornberger et. Al Parallelizing a CAD Model Processing Tool from the Automotive Industry Euro-Par2014WS
- Schifko M. , Jüttler B. , Kornberger B. Industrial application of exact Boolean operations for meshes Proc. Spring Conference on Computer Graphics, 187-194 Comenius University / ACM Press 2010
- Martin Schifko Automatic CAD Data Preparation for Automotive Industry Thesis 2011
- Fade 2D and Fade 2.5D, Geom e.U. Bernhard Kornberger http://www.geom.at/fade2d/html
- Schifko , M. , Kornberger , B. , Fellhofer , D. , and Steiner , H. Automatic CAD Data Preparation for CAE SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1333 2015 10.4271/2015-01-1333