This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Method to Predict the Vibration Transfer Function of Hydraulic Engine Mount on a Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The CAE method to predict the vibration transfer function of the hydraulic engine mount on a vehicle with sufficient precision and calculation time without prototype cars was developed. The transfer function is given in the following steps. First, rubber deformation form under the power train weight loaded must be predicted. It’s obtained by using a reduction model of an engine mount, as a unit, which doesn’t have its fluid sealed inside, with the technique to get the static spring characteristics in a non-linear relationship. Second, Young’s modulus and structural damping coefficient for the deformed rubber must be given. As for these characteristics, ignoring the relations between these values and strain, the constant values are used. This considerably reduces computation time and model size. Next, the reduction model and the fluid model have must be combined to express actual product. In this step, coupled analysis for fluid and structure is used. Finally, the vibration transfer function on a vehicle from the bolting point between the power train and engine mount to the bolting point between the body and engine mount, was predicted using a mode synthesis method. A short calculation time is also required in actual developments, so several techniques about modeling and giving calculation conditions to shorten the time are suggested. The above made it possible to examine medium- and high-frequency band noise (e.g. engine noise, gear noise, motor noise), at the initial stage of car development that has hydraulic engine mounts.
|Technical Paper||Analysis of Open Plenum Structure for Reduction of Booming Noise|
|Technical Paper||Application and Development Challenges of Dynamic Damper in Cabin Booming Noise Elimination|
CitationFukazawa, M., Murao, T., and Unigame, S., "The Method to Predict the Vibration Transfer Function of Hydraulic Engine Mount on a Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1321, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1321.
- Matsumoto , S. , Sumi , K. , Yamamoto , K. , Ohnishi , Y. Analysis of Radiated Noise from Cylinder Block and Oilpan JSAE Annual Congress Proceedings 962 229 232 1996
- Arakawa , M. , Yamaoka , H. , Goto , Y. Transmitting Vibration Prediction through Engine Mounting System for Gear Noise JSAE Annual Congress Proceedings 43-13 1 6 2013
- Yamazaki , K. , Koizumi , T. , Tsujiuchi , N. , Shibayama , T. , Yabe , K. The Analysis of Dynamic Characteristic of Hydraulic Engine Mount Transactions of The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers 01-5 1 6 2001
- Kawabata , S. Gomu no Rikigaku Journal of the Society of Rubber Science and Technology, Japan 53-8 473 485 1980
- Nagamatsu , A. Mode Gouseihou Bubunnkouzougouseihou 103 105 1991
- Fukazawa , M. , Murao , T. , Unigame , S. Development of Prediction Method for Vibration Transfer Function of Hydraulic Engine Mount in Vehicles JSAE Annual Congress Proceedings 20155048 10-15 273 2015