This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Electric Vehicle Interior Noise Contribution Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Noise excitation sources are different between electric vehicles and conventional vehicles due to their distinct propulsion system architecture. This work focuses on an interior noise contribution analysis by experimental measurements and synthesis approach using a methodology established based on the principle of noise path analysis. The obtained results show that the structure-borne noise from the tire-road excitation acts as a major contributor to the overall interior noise level, and the structure-borne noise from the power plant system contributes noticeably as well, whereas contributions from the electric motor and tire are relatively insignificant.
|Technical Paper||Tonal Annoyance Metric Development for Automotive Electric Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Applicability of Different Loudness Models to Time-Varying Sound in Vehicle|
CitationCao, Y., Wang, D., Zhao, T., Liu, X. et al., "Electric Vehicle Interior Noise Contribution Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1296, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1296.
- Otto , N. , Simpson , R. , and Wiederhold , J. Electric Vehicle Sound Quality SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1694 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1694
- Shiozaki , H. , Iwanaga , Y. , Ito , H. , and Takahashi , Y. Interior Noise evaluation of Electric Vehicle: Noise source contribution analysis SAE Technical Paper 2011-39-7229 2011
- Albers , A. , Fischer , J. , Landes , D. , and Behrendt , M. Method for Measuring and Analyzing the Transfer Path of Acoustic Phenomena into the Driver Cabin of a Battery Electric Vehicle SAE Int. J. Engines 7 3 1585 1592 2014 10.4271/2014-01-2071
- Pang , J. , Zhan , G. , and He , H. Automotive Noise and Vibration Principle and Application Beijing Institute of Technology Press 2006
- Guo , R. , Wan , G. , and Zuo , S. A Study on the Transfer Path of the Interior Noise of a Fuel Cell Car Automotive Engineering 29 8 635 641 2007
- Goossens , S. , Osawa , T. , and Iwama , A. Quantification of Intake System Noise Using an Experimental Source-Transfer-Receiver Model SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1659 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1659
- van der Linden , P. , Keppens , T. , Raff , J. , and Schnur , J. Determination of the Noise Contributions of Engine Surfaces SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1482 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1482
- Croker , M. , Maunder , M. , Imai , Y. , Sannodo , N. et al. Reducing Crank Rumble Using Transfer Path Analysis to Assess Engine Modifications SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1428 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1428
- Kim , S. , Inoue , A. , and Singh , R. Experimental Study of Structure-Borne Noise Transfer Paths over the Mid-Frequency Regime SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2338 2005 10.4271/2005-01-2338
- Browne , M. and Pawlowski , R. Statistical Identification and Analysis of Vehicle Noise Transfer Paths SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2511 2005 10.4271/2005-01-2511
- Koners , G. Panel Noise Contribution Analysis: An Experimental Method for Determining the Noise Contributions of Panels to an Interior Noise SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1410 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1410
- van der Linden , P. and Fun , J. Using Mechanical-Acoustic Reciprocity for Diagnosis of Structure Borne Sound in Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 931340 1993 10.4271/931340
- Hendricx , W. and Mancosu , F. Experimental Determination of the Noise Emitting Parts of a Rotating Tire in the European Research Project TINO SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1732 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1732
- Guo , R. , Wan , G. , Zhao , Y. , and Zhou , J. A discussion on Interior Noise Transfer Path Analysis Method Journal of Vibration, Measurement & Diagnosis 27 3 199 203 2007
- Sottek , R. , Sellerbeck , P. , and Klemenz , M. An Artificial Head Which Speaks from Its Ears: Investigations on Reciprocal Transfer Path Analysis in Vehicles, Using a Binaural Sound Source SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1635 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1635