This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Verification Test Results of Wireless Charging System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) began a wireless charging field test in February 2014. A wireless charging system was installed at the residences of test subjects with the aim of identifying issues related to convenience and installation in daily usage. The test vehicle was fabricated by installing a wireless charging system into a Prius PHV (Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle). The installed system had the same charging power as the cable charging system used on the base vehicle, and had a charging time of 1.5 hours. A high-frequency 85 kHz power supply and primary coil were produced for the charging infrastructure. To identify differences in charging behavior, the test subjects were asked to use the cable charging system for the first month before changing to the wireless charging system for two months. Data acquisition was performed by an on-board data logger and through interviews with the test subjects. The surface of the parking space was also investigated to identify the effects of the road surface profile on the system specifications. This paper described the results of the test.
CitationNakamura, T., Misawa, T., Futakuchi, Y., and Kamichi, K., "Verification Test Results of Wireless Charging System," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1155, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1155.
- Kurs A. et al. Wireless Power Transfer via Strongly Coupled Magnetic Resonances Science 317 5834 84 86 6 July 2007
- WPC http://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/
- Watanabe , C. International Standardization for Electric Vehicle Wireless Power Transfer System JARI Research Journal, 20141202 1 6 December 2014
- Abe , S. Technology Trends of Contactless Power Transfer Systems for Electric Vehicle JIASC2011, 2-S11-6 II205 II210
- Chigira , M. Small-Size Light-Weight Transformer with New Core Structure for Contactless Electric Vehicle Power Transfer System ECCE, 2011 IEEE 260 266 Sept. 2011
- Kishi , H Contactless Power Transfer System (ninth report) JSAE Annual Congress Spring 2015
- Mori , A. Technical Development of Electro Magnetic Compatibility for Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle/ Electric Vehicle Using Wireless Power Transfer System SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1161 2016
- Sugiyama , Y A Study on Electro Magnetic Compatibility Filter for PHV/EV with Wireless Power Transfer System JSAE Annual Congress Spring 2015