This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Dynamic Filtration Model for the Power-shift Steering Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Within the hydraulic shifting circuit of power-shift steering transmission, the performance of filter is generally characterized by the theoretical filtration ratio. However in practical work, the actual filtration ratio is far less than the theoretical ratio. On the basis of investigation on the structural characteristics, the oil flowing distribution and the filter mechanisms, the re-filtering rate ω and recontaminative rate θ are defined to simulate the actual filtering process. Therefore, the dynamic filtration ratio is modelled and simulated in MATLAB/Simulink to investigate that how the filtering rate ω and θ influence the dynamic filtration ratio and the deviation between the dynamic ratio and theoretical ratio. Afterwards, the variation of dynamic filtration ratio is tested through a filtration experiment under the circumstances of various flow rate, temperature and pressure. The results show that, the dynamic filtration ratio is more approximate to the actual ratio and more suitable for being applied to the modelling of contaminant control.
|Technical Paper||3D CFD Model of DI Diesel Low Pressure Fuel Pump System|
|Technical Paper||Improved Numerical Noise Predictions for Axial Fans|
|Technical Paper||Disc-Pad Interaction Related to Brake Squeal|
CitationLiu, Y., Ma, B., Xu, B., and Miao, Z., "A Dynamic Filtration Model for the Power-shift Steering Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1139, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1139.
- Tai , E. , Ishikawa , T. , and Nishibe , A. A Method for Analyzing Flow Through an Oil Strainer Utilizing a Computer SAE Technical Paper 920767 1992 10.4271/920767
- Carr , M. J. , and Wang. W. A case comparison of a proportional hazards model and a stochastic filter for condition-based maintenance applications using oil-based condition monitoring information Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability 222.1 2008 47 55
- Zheng CS , Ma B. Improved Euler algorithm for trend forecast model and its application to oil spectrum analysis Spectrosc And Spectr Anal 29 1078 2009
- Carr , M. , Wang , W. Comparing a PHM and a filter for CBM applications using oil-based CM Proceedings of the European Safety and Reliability Conference 2006 1 491 497 2006
- Bouzaouit , E. , Hadjadj , A. , Gahgah , M. , Bennis , O. Pollution hydraulic fluids analysis by the differential pressure filters evolution UPB Scientific Bulletin, Series D 5 1 1 6 2012 10.4271/2011-01-1746
- Jiang , Renyan , and Xinping Yan Condition monitoring of diesel engines Complex System Maintenance Handbook Springer London 2008 533 557
- Tufenkji , Nathalie , and Menachem Elimelech Correlation equation for predicting single-collector efficiency in physicochemical filtration in saturated porous media Environmental science & technology 38.2 2004 529 536
- Wakeman , Richard The influence of particle properties on filtration Separation and Purification Technology 58.2 2007 234 241
- Zhang YF , Ma B , Fang , J , Zhang HL Study on tendency prediction of power-shift steering transmission based on support vector regression Inf-An Int Interdiscip J 13 1939 2010
- Singh D , Saha K P , Mondal D P Development of mathematical model for prediction of abrasive wear behavior in agricultural grade medium carbon steel Indian J of Eng and Mater Sci 18 125 2011
- Azevedo C R F , Sinatora A Failure analysis of a railway copper contact strip Eng Fail Anal 11 829 2004
- Boronat Mercedes , Corma Avelino Oxygen activation on gold nanoparticles: Separating the influence of particle size, particle shape and support interaction Dalton Trans 39 8538 2010
- Fitch E C An encyclopedia of fluid contamination control Stillwater, Ok FES 1980