This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Fuel Consumption and NOx Emission Optimisation for Future Diesel Passenger Cars
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The future emission legislations for diesel passenger cars are likely to include more dynamic test cycles than we have today, such as the World harmonized Light duty Testing Cycle (WLTC) and Real Drive Emissions (RDE) in the EU and very challenging SULEV legislations in the USA. In order to meet these emission legislations and challenging CO2 targets, more complex Exhaust Gas After Treatment Systems - EGATS and corresponding calibration strategies are needed. The calibration strategies have to provide the best possible fuel consumption and NOx emissions across the entire engine map for all tested cycles. The aim of this paper is to evaluate the effect of several EGATS configurations and calibrations on tailpipe NOx and CO2 emissions of a D segment vehicle. The experimental results and potential of various EGATS configurations and calibrations for the optimisation of fuel consumption and NOx emissions are presented and discussed.
CitationMilovanovic, N. and Hamalian, S., "The Fuel Consumption and NOx Emission Optimisation for Future Diesel Passenger Cars," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0916, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0916.
- Matsuo , Y. , Ishimaru , S. , Amano , M. , Komatsu , N. et al. Development of Highly Efficient Lean NOx Catalyst System in Low Exhaust Gas Temperature SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0536 2013 10.4271/2013-01-0536
- Guo , G. , Dobson , D. , Warner , J. , Ruona , W. et al. Advanced Urea SCR System Study with a Light Duty Diesel Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0371 2012 10.4271/2012-01-0371
- Kim , K. and Cho , S. The Emission Development for Lean NOx Trap System to Meet Tier2Bin5 SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0566 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0566
- Takao F. , Naohiko O. , Masashi T. et al. Toyota's development strategy for diesel passenger car after-treatment technology 35th International Wiener Motorensymposium 2014
- Grisstede , I. , Franoschek , S. , Seyler , M. et al. Robust NOx After Treatment Systems for Diesel Pass-Cars Beyond EU6 21st Aachen Colloquium Automobile and Engine Technology 2012
- Samuelsen , D. , Gerhardt , J. , Strobel , M. et al. With Diesel into the age of super low emissions vehicle Stuttgart Automotive Symposium 2014
- Kramer , L. , Buschmann , G. , Stiegler , L. et al. SULEV: Diesel Exhaust Gas Aftertreatmnet heading to Super Ultra Low Emissions 34th International Wiener Motorensymposium 2013
- Balland , J. , Parmentier , M. , and Schmitt , J. Control of a Combined SCR on Filter and Under-Floor SCR System for Low Emission Passenger Cars SAE Int. J. Engines 7 3 1252 1261 2014 10.4271/2014-01-1522
- Johansen , K. , Bentzer , H. , Kustov , A. , Larsen , K. et al. Integration of Vanadium and Zeolite Type SCR Functionality into DPF in Exhaust Aftertreatment Systems - Advantages and Challenges SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1523 2014 10.4271/2014-01-1523
- Milovanovic , N. , Hamalian , S. , Tumelaire , C.F. , Larsen , K. and Lewander , M. The Novel SCR and PNA exhaust gas aftertreatmant system for future diesel passenger cars IMeChe Internal Combustion Engines Conference London, UK December 2015
- Enderle , C. , Vent , G. , and Paule , M. BLUETEC Diesel Technology - Clean, Efficient and Powerful SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1182 2008 10.4271/2008-01-1182
- Needham , D. , Spadafora , P. , Schiffgens , H.J. , Kirwan ., J.E. , Cabush , D.D. and Kalina , A. Delphi SCR Dosing System - An Alternative Approach for Close-Coupled SCR Catalyst Systems 21st Aachen Colloquium Automobile and Engine Technology 2012
- Gerhardt , J. , Heiter , T. , Kern , C. , Maier , R. , Samuelsen , D. , Strobel , M. and Welting , D. Denoxtronic 5 and other Bosch System Solutions to meet “Post - EU6” Emissions Requirements 34th International Wiener Motorensymposium 2013