This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Gasoline Injector Cleaner for Port Fuel Injection and Direct Injection
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Port fuel injection (PFI) injector and direct fuel injection (DI) injector clogging from deposits caused by poor fuel quality, is a concern in emerging countries. Then DI injector deposits are sometimes cleaned by injector cleaners in such situation. However deposit cleaners for PFI injectors have not been developed, because of the lack of research of PFI injector deposits. Through chemical analysis, this study showed them to be water-soluble deposits. Subsequently success was achieved in developing a new gasoline injector cleaner applicable to injector deposits in both types of injectors, through optimization of a surface active agent.
CitationNomura, T., Sato, S., Takahashi, J., and Ichiyanagi, M., "Development of Gasoline Injector Cleaner for Port Fuel Injection and Direct Injection," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0830, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0830.
- Yuta Mitsui et al JSAE Technical paper 41 4 July 2010 823 826
- Marc Walter Dr. et al 2013 JSAE Annual Congress Autumn 155-13 p7 p10
- Ikoma , T. , Abe , S. , Sonoda , Y. , Suzuki , H. et al. Development of V-6 3.5-liter Engine Adopting New Direct Injection System SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1259 2006 10.4271/2006-01-1259
- Robert M. Silverstein et al Spectrometric Identification of Organic Compounds Sixth 0-471-13457-0
- Ashida , T. , Takei , Y. , and Hosi , H. Effects of Fuel Properties on SIDI Fuel Injector Deposit SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3694 2001 10.4271/2001-01-3694
- Yasuo Ezaki Journal of the Combustion Soci. Japan 56 178 308 316 2014
- Hildebrand J. H. Chapman & Hall Ltd London 1936
- Fedors R. F. Polymer Engineering and Science 14 147 154 1974
- Shigetoshi Kobuchi et al Fluid Phase Equibria 352 114 117 2013
- Griffin W. C. J. Soc. Cosmet. Chem. 5 249 256 1954
- Murata , K. , Saito , K. , Tanaka , S. , and Takizawa , H. The Possibilities of Wax Precipitation from Diesel Fuels at High Pressure and its Influence on Diesel Engine Performance SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1127 2010 10.4271/2010-01-1127
- Neuman A. W. et al J. colloid Interface Sci. 49 291 304 1974