This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effects of Ageing on Aesthetics Performance of Automotive Non-Woven Fabrics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The aim of the research was to explore and establish aspects that affect ageing of non-woven fabrics used in automobiles. One of the most vulnerable parts in a vehicle, at the behest of the customer, is the Floor Carpet. Original Equipment manufacturers are continually binging at doable options for providing low cost carpets that are functionally and aesthetically durable throughout the vehicle life.  Car interiors, especially carpet, must remain in impeccable condition to uphold a good resale value.
Targeting the analysis of causes that affect ageing of non-woven fabric material will form the core study of the literature to follow. The establishment of which shall ascertain some viable solutions to augment quality of the contemporary non-woven automotive carpet.
CitationSrivastava, S., Raina, S., Pandey, K., Sandilya, A. et al., "Effects of Ageing on Aesthetics Performance of Automotive Non-Woven Fabrics," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0525, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0525.
- Automotive Mission Plan 2006 2016
- Training Workshop on Automotive Textiles - TechTex India - Organized by BCH Business Co-ordination House
- Layton , J.M. Automotive Textiles 29th England The Textile Institute 1999
- JIS L 1021-11 Textile Floor Covering Part-11, Determination of wear
- JIS L 1096-99 Testing Methods For Woven Fabrics
- Martindale Abrasion and Piling tester M235
- Ivona Jerkovic , Josep M. Pallares , Xavier Capdevila Study of the Abrasion Resistance in the upholstery of automobile seats AUTEX Research Journal 10 1