This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation and Optimization of a Low Frequency Vibration Issue for Commercial Truck
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A low frequency vibration issue around 3.2 Hz occurs during a commercial heavy truck program development process, and it is linked to extremely uncomfortable driving and riding experiences. This work focuses on an analytical effort to resolve the issue by first building a full vehicle MBS (multi-body-system) model, and then carrying out vibration response analyses. The model validation is performed by using full vehicle testing in terms of structural modes and frequency response characteristics. In order to resolve the issue which is excited by tire non-uniformity, the influence of the cab suspension, frame modes, front leaf spring system and rear tandem suspension is analyzed. The root cause of the issue is found to be the poor isolation of the rear tandem suspension system. The analytical optimization effort establishes the resolution measure for the issue.
|Technical Paper||Interior Noise Prediction and Analysis of Heavy Commercial Vehicle Cab|
|Technical Paper||Commercial Vehicle NVH Refinement through Test-CAE Development Approach|
CitationYang, S., Lu, B., Sun, Z., Liu, Y. et al., "Simulation and Optimization of a Low Frequency Vibration Issue for Commercial Truck," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0474, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0474.
- Wu , B. The Simulation Study and Optimization Design for Heavy Duty Dynamics Performance Doctor Degree Dissertation Jilin University 2008 7
- Shabana Dynamics of Multibody System Monograph, Cambridge University Press 1998
- Gipser , M. F Tire - The Tire Simulation Model for All Applications Related to Vehicle Dynamics J. Vehicle System Dynamics 45 2007
- Gipser , M. FTire, a New Fast Tire Model for Ride Comfort Simulations Esslingen University of Applied Sciences Germany
- Wang , Q. , Fang , X. , Qian , L. , Ma , H. and Tang , Y. Research on the Analysis and Synthesis of Automobile Leaf Spring based on Virtue Prototypes Technique J. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 2001
- Young , Y. J. Frictional Behavior of Automotive Leaf Spring J. Science and Technology 2000
- Zahavie Analysis of a Contact Problem in Leaf Springs J. Mechanics Research Communications 1992
- Fancher , P. , Ervin , R. , MacAdam , C. , and Winkler , C. Measurement and Representation of the Mechanical Properties of Truck Leaf Springs SAE Technical Paper 800905 1980 10.4271/800905
- Cebon , D. Simulation of the Response of Leaf Springs to Broad Random Excitation J. Vehicle Systems Dynamics 1986
- Young , Y.J. Frictional behavior of automotive leaf spring J. Science and Technology 2000
- Hurty , W.C. Vibration of Structure Systems by Component Mode Synthesis J. Eng. Mech. Division 1960
- Hurty , W.C. Dynamic Analysis of Structural Systems Using Component Modes J. Aiaa Journal 1965
- Craig R.R. Jr and Bampton , M.C.C. Coupling of Substructures for Dynamic Analyses J. Aiaa Journal 1968 7