This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Performance Analyses of Driver-Vehicle-Steer-By-Wire Systems Considering Driver Neuromuscular Dynamics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
One main objective is to find out how these parameters interact and optimal driver control gain and driver preview time are obtained. Some steps further, neuromuscular dynamics is considered and the system becomes different from the simplified driver-vehicle system studied before. New optimal driver control gain and driver preview time could be obtained for both tensed and relaxed muscle state. Final step aims at analysing the full system considering driver, neuromuscular, steer-by-wire and vehicle models. The steer-by-wire system could potentially have a significant influence on the vehicle when the driver is at impaired state, which could be represented by setting higher response delay time or smaller preview time. Vehicle's stability and active safety could also be improved by introducing the steer-by-wire system. Optimal driver control gains and driver preview times from all these three models would be compared and contrasted in order to examine the effects of neuromuscular dynamics and steer-by-wire system at different situations.
|Technical Paper||Studies on Steering Feeling Feedback System Based on Nonlinear Vehicle Model|
|Technical Paper||Advanced Driver Assistance Systems|
|Technical Paper||Control of Brake- and Steer-by-Wire Systems During Brake Actuator Failure|
CitationZhang, Z. and Cao, D., "Performance Analyses of Driver-Vehicle-Steer-By-Wire Systems Considering Driver Neuromuscular Dynamics," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0456, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0456.
- Cao, D., Song, X., Ahmadian, M. (2011) Editors’ perspectives: road vehicle suspension design, dynamics, and control. Vehicle System Dynamics, 49, 3-28.
- Liang Li, Xu Ran, Kaihui Wu, Jian Song and Zongqi Han. (2015) A novel fuzzy logic correction algorithm for traction control systems with uneven low-adhesion road conditions. Vehicle System Dynamics, 53, 711-733.
- Pazooki, A., Rakheja, S., Cao, D. (2012) Modelling and validation of off-road vehicle ride dynamics. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 28, 679-695.
- Wang. F., Chen, H., Cao, D., Nonlinear coordinated motion control of road vehicles after a tire blow-out, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology (in press)
- Zhang H., Zhang X., and Wang J., (2014) Robust gain-scheduling energy-to-peak control of vehicle lateral dynamics stabilisation, Vehicle System Dynamics, 52, 309 - 340.
- Cao, D., Rakheja, S. and Su, C.-Y. (2007) Roll plane analysis of a hydro-pneumatic suspension with twin-gas-chamber struts. International Journal of Heavy Vehicle Systems, 14, 355-375.
- Li Li, Fei-Yue Wang, Qunzhi Zhou, (2006) Integrated longitudinal and lateral tire/road friction modeling and monitoring for vehicle motion control, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 7, 1-19.
- Li, X., Sun, Z., Cao, D., He, Z., Zhu, Q. (2016) Real-time trajectory planning for autonomous urban driving: framework, algorithms and verifications, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 21, 740-753.
- Li Li, Fei-Yue Wang, (2006) Cooperative driving at blind crossings using intervehicle communication, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 55, 1712-1724.
- Zheng, Y., Li, S., Wang, J., Cao, D., Li, K. (2016) Stability and scalability of homogeneous vehicular platoon: study on influence of information flow topologies, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 17, 14-26.
- Li, X., Sun, Z., Cao, D., Liu, D., He, H., Development of a new integrated local trajectory planning and tracking control framework for autonomous ground vehicles, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing (in press)
- Li, S., Gao, F., Cao, D., Li, K., Multiple model switching control of vehicle longitudinal dynamics for platoon level automation, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (in press)
- MacAdam C. C., (2003) Understanding and modeling the human driver, Vehicle System Dynamics, 40, 101-134.
- Qu, T., Chen, H., Cao, D., Guo, H., Gao, B. (2015) Switching-based stochastic model predictive control approach for modelling driver steering skill, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 16, 365-375.
- West, C., Cao, D. (2013) Defining ‘critical speed’ in driver-vehicle systems. 2013 IEEE Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Manchester, UK.
- Ishio, J., Ichikawa, H., Kano, Y. and Abe, M. (2008). Vehicle-handling quality evaluation through model-based driver steering behaviour. Vehicle System Dynamics, 46(S1), 549-560.
- Abe, M. (2009) Vehicle handling dynamics: theory and application. Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Pick A. J. and Cole D. J., (2006) Neuromuscular dynamics in the driver-vehicle system, Vehicle System Dynamics, 44, 624-631.
- Chai Y.W., Abe Y., Kano Y., and Abe M., (2006) A study on adaptation of SBW parameters to individual driver’s steer characteristics for improved driver-vehicle system performance, Vehicle System Dynamics, 44, 874-882.